Kid keyed the car-Pressing Charges.

Surferman

Alright so my mom actually got up with the kids parents, and his mom said shes bringing him over to my house to apolgize. I was kinda sketchy about it but I meet the guy, he said was sorry and didnt talk much at all, and he pretty much put all the blame on himself. I acted a lil mad at first to let him know i was serious how much i liked the car but eventually I kinda chattin and joked around(im a nice guy overall lol) and he eventually said his friend did part of it.

We all showd up at his friends house unexpected and he didnt wanna talk at first but eventually he came out. He denys any involment but yet he said he would help pay witch i think was bs.. The dude that came to my house first just kinda put his head down while his friend bagged on him acting like he was a better person or somthing. Kinda felt bad. But still man they keyed my shit lol!

So anyway i was like well i dont wanna press charges or whatever and i dont care who did what I just want the money.- they can split that stuff themselves and they agreed...

So tomorrow hopfully ill get a few estimates and break the news to them.. neither of them have jobs, one kid lives with his mom(she has 5 kids no job) and other guy is in a foster home. So i gotta feeling its gonna be a while before i get anything.

They pretty much did it to show off to the girl that was with them. My mom said girl should pay too since she told them it was my car(she told them that i quit talking to her for no reason) lol.

But if any tips on how i can buff these scratches out or any other comments are welcome.

mastershank

from my past experience with pressing charges: if you ahve three witnesses that saw the kids do it and you decide to press charges, you will most likely get money out of it if you take it to court.

i had a similar occurence when my 98 civic got totalled

some dumb bitch decided to slam on the brakes when i was behind her in one of the busiest (and the road with the highest speed limit in the city) and i slammed into the back of her.

i did however have three witnesses that saw her clam on the brakes and we took it to court, not only did i get the money back from my totalled car, we got an extra $2k cause the judge just ragged on her the entire time andi explained how much the car meant to me, and he sympathized with me.

if you do press charges, make sure you ahve those three guys with you when you make the argument in court (if it goes that far)

i wish you luck, good sir!

kleenkreativ

Man, that sucks! Little bastard. I hope he winds up getting his (karma.)

I dated a girl a few years ago that had a brand new (at the time) 2004 Cavalier (not modded at all or anything, but still brand new). She'd moved into this ghetto-ass apartment complex, as it was all she could afford at the time. It didn't seem that bad until one day, we come outside to find all kinds of key marks in the car, including a large swastika on her driver door. Yeah, her being the only white person in the complex, apparently made her a Nazi. Ignorance like this just drives me fucking insane!
I tried my damnedest to buff it all out, but you could still see it. Pisses me off when people disrespect other peoples' property. I would never do that, unless I had a VERY good reason to (in which case, I would probably serve an ass beating before messing with someone's car - you just don't fuck with someone's car!)

cvc7chris

Hustler
i think i used to own that car before you. did u buy it from a guy in roanoke, va or somewhere close?

is it a 94?

nevermind..i think urs is an auto but i had one identical to yours though...so idk.

Surferman

i think i used to own that car before you. did u buy it from a guy in roanoke, va or somewhere close?

is it a 94?

nevermind..i think urs is an auto but i had one identical to yours though...so idk.
thats cool got anypics lol ive only seen one in the color of mine.
i got it from some old couple that kept it in the garage so i got lucky.

got couple estimates today:

2299.38- from performance chevrolet includes basically everything except roof and trunk, and getting the small dents i have out. deff not going here though lol

1257$ from a trusted place about 40 mins away, and he said he could probably complete repaint for 1500$(wont look perfect) im probally gonna be dealing with these people.

1476$ local place fix all the scratches.

and another local said 150 for each panel on the car so yeah.

now i just gotta wait for the money and tell them. lol.

crad008

Your doing it all right in my book, everytime I have been hit (that I know who did it) I have gotten 3 estimates from 3 places that I trust and I show the person who did the damage the estimates then make them pay the least expensive one (cause I'm a nice guy too) plus I'm always relived I caught them or they told me they hit my car.

Edit: in your case cause there was damage on almost the whole car, I would get quoted for a full respray and bodywork. Not just having the scratches fixed.

Last edited:

User Name:

Shake those Titties!
Paint pen wont work. That kinda damage will total your car if you have insurance but you can buy the car back. Thats the best way you'll get more money out of it.