Kileys K20z3 DC D.D.

TheCrimsonStar

Lol yea right, I just don't like people around here that have a kswap they think they run this town haha
But goodluck

Sent from my PAGER
So people who drive a civic si with the k don't? Lol they can kick our sorry asses all day long.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Havok114

So people who drive a civic si with the k don't? Lol they can kick our sorry asses all day long.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Ive driven 2 fg2s and 1 type s. They weren't impressive, and no a si would not beat my LS.

Sent from my PAGER

Beat92240

Lol yea right, I just don't like people around here that have a kswap they think they run this town haha
But goodluck

Sent from my PAGER
I hear ya bro...one guy around me has one and he thinks it's the fastest Honda out there but there is at least 10 boosted B-Series that would annihilate him. I always boost cars so it really blows my mind the money people spend on NA k series...I just don't understand it.

K swapped eg's, ek's, an dc's are "quick"...that's the terminology I usually use for them. But as I said. Im goin for reliability with this build so I'm not very concerned with what I do at the track. Just want something to keep me interested on my drive to work every day and the occasional autoX.

Last edited:

Havok114

I hear ya bro...one guy around me has one and he thinks it's the fastest Honda out there but there is at least 10 boosted B-Series that would annihilate him. I always boost cars so it really blows my mind the money people spend on NA k series...I just don't understand it.

K swapped eg's, ek's, an dc's are "quick"...that's the terminology I usually use for them. But as I said. Im goin for reliability with this build so I'm not very concerned with what I do at the track. Just want something to keep me interested on my drive to work every day and the occasional autoX.
Should be a fun DD
My friends uncle had a k24/k20 in a eg with a 35r turbo that car was soo clean lol

Sent from my PAGER

Beat92240

Alright got to this stuff over the weekend but just getting time to put it up now.

First off was getting launching some un needed emissions BS. The "Install Pipe" with purge control solenoid was yanked off to give it a nice clean look. Purpose of this thing is to prevent unused gas vapors from escaping to the atmosphere when the car is turned off. Its usually linked to a charcol canister. Thus making it optional. haha I

I'm not quite sure why some of these are coming out rotated...they're the right way on my photobucket page so if you need to see them correctly just check them out on my photobucket.

Location on motor:

Whole contraption removed:

I also freshened up the trans cosmetically a little. Don't want to have an ugly K swap! I always keep it simple and do aluminum finish on all of my blocks. Though black and other dark colors look good on some motors, it makes it very difficult to track oil leaks when they occur. So if this is your first rebuild make sure you keep the block and head a nice bright color for contrast with oil.

Last edited:

Beat92240

Quick update:

Dropped the motor off to be checked over/cleaned up/refreshed. Got a bunch of OEM honda goodies to make sure reliability is there. Hopefully I get out easy and everything is in great shape so I can get past this stage at a minimal cost.

I changed the front parts list to now include and "Optional" category for stuff that I did extra but is not required for the swap.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Am I reading the prices on the first post right? $400 for the engine and $175 for the trans?

Beat92240

Am I reading the prices on the first post right? $400 for the engine and $175 for the trans?
Prices are right. I wasn't concerned that they have some slight issues with them. I usually do these steps before I do a swap anyways. I want to be sure I don't go swapping in a transmission going of someone's word that it's good...get it all in...and realize a synchro is out so I have to pull it back out. I just take extra precautionary measures.