Kill switch idea (anti-theft)

72Spitfire

Was going to run a switch to battery to kill power for anti-theft, but then came up with an idea. Can you cut a wire on the ECU, run a patch with a hidden switch to do the same thing? If someone tried to steal, the car would turn over, but no ignition or fuel injectors I assume. A thief would need a rollbed truck to steal then. Would splicing a wire to the ECU cause any interference if it was properly soldered?
Gimme opinions!

killjoy

just use your starter wire, or an ignition wire. open with a relay..

I like to use a switch thats already in the car, such as, you must put the right side blinker ON in order to start the car.

What's better, wire it to the horn as well so that it honks when a theif tries to crank when the right blinker isn't on, you'll know someone is trying to start your car that doesn't know how to. Chances are they'll think your car is possessed and leave, lol

The Panch

The Homie
i know my buddys turbo hatch has the switch then u hafta hold the cruise control only then it will start

HKDxSAVIER

I like to use a switch thats already in the car, such as, you must put the right side blinker ON in order to start the car.

What's better, wire it to the horn as well so that it honks when a theif tries to crank when the right blinker isn't on, you'll know someone is trying to start your car that doesn't know how to. Chances are they'll think your car is possessed and leave, lol
hahahahhahaha!

greatness!

u should totally make a write up so i can do it easily lol

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
just remember its a ciruit if the circuit brakes something is not going to work?

put air horns in the car have them on a n02 timer so when the car starts it gose off at xx sec and stays on untill they trun off the timer. or u can do a presuser swith in the seat

Joshmmc

That is actually so awesome. Please do a write up on how to do this.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

x4 i think were at on a write up for this!!! lol

killjoy

alright at some point I will try to do it for you guys with pics.. I work long days tho, so it may be a bit before it gets done (few days)

*jeezer*

project one all day!!!
i have four one to starter ecu and feul pump and that i wont list but the feul pump kill switch has saved me many times

uso_Dc

did mine to the clutch safety switch. doesnt mess anything up. just have to push one of the existing buttons in the car that i have no use for, like the criuse control, and turn on the car. but without the button pushed then the car doesnt crank, has power but nothing happens when you turn the key, even when you press in the clutch nothing happens lol. proly gna run a second switch for the fuel pump but dont know when lol. just for safe measure.

OLDSKOOLACURA

one of the best things you can do is a kill switch. i'm doing a kill switch to my fuel pump for my integra and legend.

sadly it's still not 100% safe, all someone needs is a flat bed :-(. both will be garage kept and they won't be DD so it's not like i'll be parking one of the cars and going to the movies.