Kill switch idea (anti-theft)

killjoy

update,

How to is complete. you may view it, here: http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=54366

I had to change the right blinker idea to the cruise button activation instead. The right blinker activates/deactivates the relay (think your blinker light blinking) and the horn continues to blow when you crank. I could make it work, but it would require more parts.

You do not have to use the cruise button, you could add your own button and hide it, or use something else that provides a continual positive trigger, but for a write up reference, the cruise button works fine.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
I suppose if someone was trying to explain how to do this without a picture, the pin numbers/locations would be relevant, but since I provided a picture,....meh
Fair enough.

It's not completely necessary to cut the starter wire somewhere other than at the ignition switch. What you said was true, but not for MOST thieves... the majority of thieves don't have that kind of knowledge..
Hot wiring a car at the ignition harness or several other methods are common knowledge. You would be surprised how many thieves learn these basics while they're still in junior high. The thing is that it applies to all cars.

kill switches and alarms are really just to ward of honest thieves. I.E., not serious criminals that actually know exactly what they're doing or, ones that walk by and think they can get your car on a whim/impulse. No matter how much you protect your car, they can just flatbed the thing if they really want it that badly
I disagree with everything here. This is the same stuff I hear all the time.

I don't concern myself with opportunist thieves since as you said, a simple alarm will deter them (I guess we agree on that).

People targeting our cars are our fellow enthusiasts. They have intimate knowledge of these cars. They have spare ECUs, steering wheels, and other random parts that they can toss on your car and take off with it. Basic stuff will not deter them. A horn or siren is no problem. These can be silenced instantly. Club like devices are a joke. Dealer chip kill switches and Ravelco are mocked at. Standard alarm installs don't require a second thought. Fuel kill switch? Hah!

This does not mean that you can't theft-proof a Honda. Actually, you can make theft-proofing a Honda your obsession. You can work at it for 9 years, taking input from other installers as you go. You can develop and compile strategies taking into account every vulnerability. You can start over from scratch using the wiring schematic for the basic start/run functions of the car. Then you can make it into a website and host it at your own cost with no personal gain, not even to your retarded reputation.

That's what I did.

I have done installs on many Integras (Type R and not), Civics, Accords as well as other cars, and guided people through their own installs on many forums over the years (circa 2002). Not one person has ever come back to me with a theft story. They could easily go online and trash my name. No one has. I've had theft attempts on my own cars. I've had the outside key cylinders jacked up. One morning my hood was popped open. That's as far as it goes. Haven't lost one yet.

(Flatbed theft is extremely rare and is most commonly used for insurance scams and not random thefts of old Hondas. The idea that any Honda thief is going to give up, go home and get his tow truck is just insane. It's almost never necessary. The whole concept is blown way out of proportion. Just because you can't imagine how a thief got past your standard alarm and your fuel kill switch w/out making a sound does not mean he towed your car!)

killjoy

Fair enough.

Hot wiring a car at the ignition harness or several other methods are common knowledge. You would be surprised how many thieves learn these basics while they're still in junior high. The thing is that it applies to all cars.

I disagree with everything here. This is the same stuff I hear all the time.

I don't concern myself with opportunist thieves since as you said, a simple alarm will deter them (I guess we agree on that).

People targeting our cars are our fellow enthusiasts. They have intimate knowledge of these cars. They have spare ECUs, steering wheels, and other random parts that they can toss on your car and take off with it. Basic stuff will not deter them. A horn or siren is no problem. These can be silenced instantly. Club like devices are a joke. Dealer chip kill switches and Ravelco are mocked at. Standard alarm installs don't require a second thought. Fuel kill switch? Hah!

This does not mean that you can't theft-proof a Honda. Actually, you can make theft-proofing a Honda your obsession. You can work at it for 9 years, taking input from other installers as you go. You can develop and compile strategies taking into account every vulnerability. You can start over from scratch using the wiring schematic for the basic start/run functions of the car. Then you can make it into a website and host it at your own cost with no personal gain, not even to your retarded reputation.

That's what I did.

I have done installs on many Integras (Type R and not), Civics, Accords as well as other cars, and guided people through their own installs on many forums over the years (circa 2002). Not one person has ever come back to me with a theft story. They could easily go online and trash my name. No one has. I've had theft attempts on my own cars. I've had the outside key cylinders jacked up. One morning my hood was popped open. That's as far as it goes. Haven't lost one yet.

(Flatbed theft is extremely rare and is most commonly used for insurance scams and not random thefts of old Hondas. The idea that any Honda thief is going to give up, go home and get his tow truck is just insane. It's almost never necessary. The whole concept is blown way out of proportion. Just because you can't imagine how a thief got past your standard alarm and your fuel kill switch w/out making a sound does not mean he towed your car!)
If someone were targeting my specific Integra and they just HAD to have it, go ahead, its theirs. I'll just claim the insurance money and buy another.

I don't quite understand how you could spend 9 years perfecting an alarm system (the complexity is not the question, I understand why you've been working at perfecting it for so long) on a car that is worth less than 100k. It just doesn't make any sense to me, but to each his own, I'm glad you are able to enjoy working on it that much... If I owned a Ferrari, the story would be different, I guess (even then though, insurance money??)

I would think flatbedding any car would be significantly easier than stealing say, your car, no? theres no wires to strip, nothing to break into, nothing to cut, you literally just have to throw a chain around the front end, drag it on there, drive away. Deal with everything else at a separate location where you have unlimited time.

Thieves that plan to be professional thieves may know how to hot wire a car in grade school, but the majority of people (even on this board) probably have 0 idea how to hot wire their own car. These are the people (not the ones on this board, just general idiots) alarms/kill switches are created for, the people who think they can pull a fast one.

wooker_nok

good for asking but i wount say where or what they disable but take the wooker challenge ill hand you my key and alarm control and attemp or try to start it or move it with out any other help (tow) and u can keep my 95 GStypeR ...........................by the way i have 5 kill items that disable the engine from starting and 2 more if u drive it away if that ever happens...........i hardly use those.....lol
i wount brag but ive seen cars get stolen within 30 seconds

samilp

Sam P
just use your starter wire, or an ignition wire. open with a relay..

I like to use a switch thats already in the car, such as, you must put the right side blinker ON in order to start the car.

What's better, wire it to the horn as well so that it honks when a theif tries to crank when the right blinker isn't on, you'll know someone is trying to start your car that doesn't know how to. Chances are they'll think your car is possessed and leave, lol
x5, this is my favorite idea. was trying to come up with ideas to where to hide the kill switch but this sounds perfect.

Prozon

Kris
This is kind of an old thread lol.

SuspendedHatch is the man when it comes to security. Not to mention a few other things, I just used his valve lash adjustment guide today. ;)

ben h

Banned
use ac button as kill switch sounds good o.0
or use it as a button u gotta push in to start the car

MrG

SGT TEG
there are alot of ways of kill switching it up but it has to be something you come up with and keep it to your self. the ones targeting our cars are the same enthusiast that dont want to get a job to pay for their own parts fucking spoiled good for nothing fucking lazy motha fuckaz..........