Klutch's DB Build Thread

Kinta94

tires are super big, need some 205/45/16's if not you might to have some issues depending on how low your going
thats a retarded low profile. 50s are the lowest anyone should go unless they want 19" rims on there teg.

in my opinion low pros may look cool. but lead to wheel damage, more likely curb rash, tire bubbles, ect... plus they are a bitch to put on a rim if they are low profile. not that it matters cause no one can do it themselves really.

but his 205/55/r16 are perfect not too big not to small.

Kinta94

Plus his car is a DD and he is very careful with it. its not worth hiim having to be extra careful if he doesnt want to.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Plus his car is a DD and he is very careful with it. its not worth hiim having to be extra careful if he doesnt want to.
Yeah this is what I'm going for^ especially here, function over fashion, we'll be having snow on and off till june and I dont have time to change wheels for something higher profile. Mine is more so a function>fashion build, I'm using these year round. They're great tires btw, amazing feel, good characteristics so far

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
You should get 205/45's. They aren't very low profile and your speedometer will read accurately, it's going to be WAY off with these

thats a retarded low profile. 50s are the lowest anyone should go unless they want 19" rims on there teg.

in my opinion low pros may look cool. but lead to wheel damage, more likely curb rash, tire bubbles, ect... plus they are a bitch to put on a rim if they are low profile. not that it matters cause no one can do it themselves really.

No.. It's not.

Your cars were produced from the factory with 195/55/15's unless you had steelies.
The CORRECT and proportional sizing is 205/45

Curb rash? that's a wheel width/stretch thing, and the reason my father doesn't drive my car anymore.

with 205/55 you accelerate MUCH slower (not to mention longer to stop) and there is going to be sidewall flex

endo617

Rattle Can Technician

205/45/16 is about the same diameter as a 205/50/15, anything bigger will rub annoyingly even with rolling, wheel damage caused be improper driving and improper tire pressure

Perfect for me
205/50-15…23.0"
205/45-16…23.4"

On My car this would all rub annoyingly
185/65-14...23.5" OE size
195/60-15...24.2" OE size
205/50-16...24.2" OE size

You should get 205/45's. They aren't very low profile and your speedometer will read accurately, it's going to be WAY off with these

No.. It's not.

Your cars were produced from the factory with 195/55/15's unless you had steelies.
The CORRECT and proportional sizing is 205/45

Curb rash? that's a wheel width/stretch thing, and the reason my father doesn't drive my car anymore.

with 205/55 you accelerate MUCH slower (not to mention longer to stop) and there is going to be sidewall flex
thank you, i was collecting evidence b4 i posted didn't notice yours

Last edited:

Kinta94

alright then everyone has opinions. Im running 195/55/r15 right now and im as low and if not lower than you guys i still have another inch to go down in the front but cant because I wont cut and remove my fender liner or buy new tires until I have to plus it wouldnt be driveable or functional for a DD IMO.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
alright then everyone has opinions. Im running 195/55/r15 right now and im as low and if not lower than you guys i still have another inch to go down in the front but cant because I wont cut and remove my fender liner or buy new tires until I have to plus it wouldnt be driveable or functional for a DD IMO.
but, your running 15x6 wheels with about a +40-45 offset, those are most likely 16x7 +42 offset, that needs to be put into account

Kinta94

alright i see. and quit arguing there is too many different ways and opinons on tires to do something.

and I forgot about offset my apologizes. But he should be fine if he says with what he is since he already has them. and hes not going to "slam" his car. its just lowering springs. All he should have to do is roll his fenders and he already doesnt have fender liners so he should be okay.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
alright i see. and quit arguing there is too many different ways and opinons on tires to do something.

and I forgot about offset my apologizes. But he should be fine if he says with what he is since he already has them. and hes not going to "slam" his car. its just lowering springs. All he should have to do is roll his fenders and he already doesnt have fender liners so he should be okay.
not arguing, just clarifying

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
It's just not the size of wheels that were meant to be on our cars, those tires are too big. That's all there is to it.

/threadjacking

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
but, your running 15x6 wheels with about a +40-45 offset, those are most likely 16x7 +42 offset, that needs to be put into account
That was the same miscalculation I made buying the tires... I might be changing them out tomorrow, got my hook-ups so hopefully it wont smack me in the balls too hard...

We'll have to see what I end up doing..

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
That was the same miscalculation I made buying the tires... I might be changing them out tomorrow, got my hook-ups so hopefully it wont smack me in the balls too hard...

We'll have to see what I end up doing..
205/45/16