Klutch's DB Build Thread

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Thanks broski :) The exhaust is axle-back for now, debating doing the whole thing though...

Little update again :) Got these in the mail just now :p

Springs coming in and being installed tomorrow :) Also just about to head out and pick up some tires for the new wheels :thumbs up Things are moving right along!

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
Thanks broski :) The exhaust is axle-back for now, debating doing the whole thing though...

Little update again :) Got these in the mail just now :p

Springs coming in and being installed tomorrow :) Also just about to head out and pick up some tires for the new wheels :thumbs up Things are moving right along!
ive heard there bushings are trash, you should have jumped on those Yonaka ones when they were hella cheap on here! Oh well if those bushings shit out then you can just get some energy suspension ones

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
ive heard there bushings are trash, you should have jumped on those Yonaka ones when they were hella cheap on here! Oh well if those bushings shit out then you can just get some energy suspension ones
I actually got these for the price of the Yonakas, AND these were bnib. I know about the bushings... I plan of compressing the springs so wear and tear is easier on the bushings but I have no issue with replacing em down the road. But yeah I'll probably do energy suspension.

8-bit

do what now?
color looks good^ man you seem to be makin alot of progress.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
i second that, the bushings are trash, they didn't last me a year. I custom fit some Energy Suspension bushings, you just need to grind them around slightly or bore out the LCA. I used the grind method though, its been 2.5 years now still strong

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
color looks good^ man you seem to be makin alot of progress.
Thanks broski. Just got tires mounted, I'll post pics in a minute :thumbs up

Suspension goes one tomorrow, Tein S Tech, the lcas and a Beaks lower Tie bar
i second that, the bushings are trash, they didn't last me a year. I custom fit some Energy Suspension bushings, you just need to grind them around slightly or bore out the LCA. I used the grind method though, its been 2.5 years now still strong
I'll take em as long as they last me, then do some upgrading. Gives me an excuse to get some more goodies ;)

00DC2TW

Nice man, just dont tighten the bolts on the LCA's until the car is lowered on to the ground, kind of a pain in the ass, specially when your cars lowered but it will prolong the life of the bushings, then throw some energy ones in their down the road!

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Nice man, just dont tighten the bolts on the LCA's until the car is lowered on to the ground, kind of a pain in the ass, specially when your cars lowered but it will prolong the life of the bushings, then throw some energy ones in their down the road!
Yep I was planning on it :thumbs up

Got the wheels on!!!

Looks really tall but it's just the angle of the camera and wheels haha. Suuuupeerrrr stoked, putting it all together tomorrow!!!

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
tires are super big, need some 205/45/16's if not you might to have some issues depending on how low your going

Kinta94

hes not going low enough to really worry about them not fitting all he will do is a little fender rolling maybe and then he will be all good.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
tires are super big, need some 205/45/16's if not you might to have some issues depending on how low your going
That's what I was thinking.....
hes not going low enough to really worry about them not fitting all he will do is a little fender rolling maybe and then he will be all good.
I'm hoping... I can get smaller ones, but it's just money. I dunno, they just don't look right to me as they sit... I keep telling myself it's cause I'm not lowered yet but it's not helping....