KNOWtheLEDGE 1st Time LS-Vtec Build

KNOWtheLEDGE

1 800 GETATME
Oh alright, I gotcha chief! Ima be picking up some bnib cp pistons tomorrow =] 11:1 CR 81.5mm

KNOWtheLEDGE

1 800 GETATME
Alright, well I finally got some cams.. Picked up some Skunk2 Pro2's. So the head is pretty much done.. might take the dremel to the intake n exhaust ports. Now I still gotta bring in the crank to get measured, and maybe get it shaved.. Want a little higher compression, right now I think its in the low to mid 11:1 area.. Maybe get a thinner head gasket?
Anyways.. heres the recent.

I got the cams soaking right now to clean um up a bit.. remove the rust thats accumulated from the previous owner letting um sit.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
nice i got about the same compression, your going to like it, i do and dont have any valve train, waiting to see what numbers you pull out

KNOWtheLEDGE

1 800 GETATME
Yea dude, Im kinda excited to see what it actually does..
Im still lookin for a shell to drop it in though, I dont think my da is good enough right now lol, needs too much body work

KNOWtheLEDGE

1 800 GETATME
Dang, its been a while.. well, here's what's recent!
I finished the build! Still working on the actual swap right now..
I ended up buying another DA to drop this into. Got a good deal on it and it came with a spare block. Setup with the golden eagle kit and some ctr slugs too =]

Got this thing home, swapped all the goods from the white one onto this. Headlights, clean tails, the bumper lights, put on a pwjdm rear visor, and the hfp wheels. Did a lil tune up on it and brakes as well.. not a bad pick up for 1500. Starting to get some paint bubbles, but that's all. I took care of some on the hood, and also shaved the antenna.
And here's how she's sitting right now..

Right now, both fenders are pulled, got all the wiring ready to be re loomed and tucked, and also removed the cruise control and what was left of the AC.
This is all that's left!

Also got new axles waiting to go in, new tie rods, all new master bushing kit, and I gotta throw on the koni's.
Need to rebuild the tranny too =\ she grinds like a hooker on a pole

KNOWtheLEDGE

1 800 GETATME
Got the drivers side almost done.. had to stop due to rain.

just gotta finish up the ones at the firewall.. then finish up the end of the lights and to the washer fluid reservoir.

KNOWtheLEDGE

1 800 GETATME
Finished up the engine harness today!
How I started my morning..

Aaaaand how it ended.. =]

Also got the front harness done and tucked back under the radiator support. Probably the easiest one yet! Just hoes from the drivers side being grounded, across the front to the radiator fan, a ground, and connecting to the pass side harness! Cake..