Kony2012

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I'm a supporter of the cause. I bought my bracelet, and I'm posting up the flyers on 4/20, who's comin with me.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
did you guys just watch the documentary or...like research the topic as well.
here are some counter points which seem valid :http://seet.weebly.com/1/post/2012/03/concerning-kony-2012.html

Also as seeing the Invisible children site stated the "manipulated facts" this must be a good group to follow.

ALL FILMS have a political agenda. Michael Moore, Al Gore those two people made films which are highly politically charged and have great emotional investment. As a viewer you must not be a passive adudience when watching this stuff. You must be active. Editing plays a massive role in the creation of meaning in a film like this as well as finding people to interview who support your cause.

Im not for or against this film or this cause. I have yet to do enough research on it to pick a side to stand on and defend. My main point is this:

Do research instead of jumping on the bandwagon. Although this is not a Godard film and every shot needs to be examined to find the humor, this is a documentary which needs to be examined on both sides.It seems like the Invisible Children non profit are avoiding being audited by the BBB. This is just an internet trend and if you do really care about the issue then you will do research on it and examine the film and find out whats "Real" that means filtering through all the discourse to find the truth behind this.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/03/07/148146240/ugandan-warlord-joseph-kony-under-spotlight-thanks-to-viral-video?sc=tw

If you think im talking bullshit then you are entitled to your opinion, but if you are going to go on about how im some kind of pro child army then go fuck yourself. This is a film and should be examined as such. If you dont understand that, then this film is way over your head and i wouldnt expect you to do more than agree with the cause.

Excitable Kid

Ehh.....I'm all for Kony's imprisonment,...but:
Military intervention may or may not be the right idea, but people supporting KONY 2012 probably don’t realize they’re supporting the Ugandan military who are themselves raping and looting away. If people know this and still support Invisible Children because they feel it’s the best solution based on their knowledge and research, I have no issue with that. But I don’t think most people are in that position, and that’s a problem.
http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Let me clarify what i just posted:

Im all for the imprisonment of assholes like Kony. Im not for this campaign. Im not for the people who made the film. Im kind of against the people who made the film. They spent more money on themselves than actually helping their cause. Less than 1/3 went to their cause. They are a non profit.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I'm going to be outwardly honest with you guys, since that's what I'm sure you expect out of me.
1. I love that you guys care, I really do. I've done my fair share of volunteering for many causes, local, national, and international on a small scale because I genuinely hurt to see others living with such horrors. For the last three years I have sponsored a child in Cambodia, not because it was a viral thing and all my Facebook friends were doing it, I did it because I wanted to make a difference in at least someone's life other than just making you guys laugh and cry at my jokes and trollings, so understand, I am a good person who does think about others (I just happen to not like a lot of you, lol)
Here is the main point of item one, don't jump on bandwagons because it's the thing to do on Facebook, this is not like buying parts for your car.
2. Know what you're supporting, know the company, know the values, understand the direction the company is going, not just what they tell you. Following your friends is being blind without a cane and puts you in a position of embarrassment through a misunderstanding.
3. Read this http://seet.weebly.com/1/post/2012/03/concerning-kony-2012.html

Excitable Kid

Let me clarify what i just posted:

Im all for the imprisonment of assholes like Kony. Im not for this campaign. Im not for the people who made the film. Im kind of against the people who made the film. They spent more money on themselves than actually helping their cause. Less than 1/3 went to their cause. They are a non profit.
QFT. I won't support a charity that has political agenda/bias. "Only 32% went to direct services." Where's the rest? Films that propagate their agenda. I'm all for awareness, but this is unnecessary. Sure, Kony is evil. The films make it that he's a super villain we must take down, now. I don't care if you guys call me pro Kony, but I have stated my opinion. I'm down for an alternative charity.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
QFT. I won't support a charity that has political agenda/bias. "Only 32% went to direct services." Where's the rest? Films that propagate their agenda. I'm all for awareness, but this is unnecessary. Sure, Kony is evil. The films make it that he's a super villain we must take down, now. I don't care if you guys call me pro Kony, but I have stated my opinion. I'm down for an alternative charity.
nothing wrong with that. Propoganda has been used in film for ever, the USSR used it, Germany used it in Triumph of the WIll. etc. The rest of the money i assume was going to either the people owning it or logistical money. Each CEO/film maker made out with 88k. Knowledge is probably the best tool for this. No one could call you pro Kony unless you are for child armys. but you probably arent. I see your side, you are against the whole movement because its a fad and no one really cares. Its like SOPA no one did research on that either.