Kony2012

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
I'm a supporter, but its like Whitney Houston. No one cared until it posted all up on facebook. So, we need to worry about our own damn problems before attempting to solve world problems.

Kyle

I'm a supporter, but its like Whitney Houston. No one cared until it posted all up on facebook. So, we need to worry about our own damn problems before attempting to solve world problems.
I agree. Now everyone is going to be talking about it. I'm all for helping organizations and stuff but only 32% profits go towards charity? That is pretty shitty. Money rules the world, plain and simple.

Kyle

And I present to you what my school is doing about this. #bangwagonjumping

So I'm sure many of you have seen the Kony 2012 video that has been viral since March 5th. If not, you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Joesph Kony has been abducting children from their homes and forcing them into his army called the Lord's Resistance Army. He forced the girls to become sex slaves and the boys to kill many people, including their own parents. The United States recently sent troops into Africa to find and arrest Kony, but have been unsuccessful so far. Unfortunately, the US may take these troops out of Africa and leave Kony to continue his abductions and possibly become more powerful.

Now on April 20th, 2012, many people in many places around the world plan to "make Kony famous", posting posters/stickers/etc all over the city during the night quietly for those to wake up to see and know about Kony and make sure they are not blind at what is happening overseas.

We want you guys to help cover the night at TU on April 20th 2012

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Uh, dumbasses. It's been happening for nearly two decades, a little longer than ive been alive. So those people need to suck it up and admit they attention whores.

Kyle

I bet you "cover the night" is just going to be another excuse to drink at Towson.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
That's sad but true. Honestly, I'm sure it could have been taken care a long time ago. I mean, if you've been in a history class you know us humans got work done without facebook.

HonDaReal

Nobody is making u give a charity money. If u dont want to u dont have to. Reason why its called charity. If u dont wanna support then keep it to urself.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
No one is saying that this is an illigitimant thing. Well no one besides me and patrick. Kony is yes a bad dude. The invisible Children are also not an accredited charity. Giving money to a unaccredited charity is the same as giving money to a stranger on the street. The entire logic behind the fact that this company is revealing its self to the educated world as an unaccredited non profit is going to raise concern. If you feel so inclined to donate to that region here are some other options which are all accredited and have earned a 4 star rating on the charity rating site. Which takes its information from BBB audits. On top of that the film and corporation are pro Ugandan military. A military cant go find kony who is not in uganda unless they invade another country. The information is out there that proves that invisible children isnt as awesome and richious as they seem. Their 2011 annual report also shows this.

here are links to better options for charities.
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4943
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3628
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=8875

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Seriously screw this, I could give a s*** less about what's going on in Uganda. We have enough of our own problems to worry about Uganda.

No one has to fight over there, they don't have to pick up a gun, yea they'll probably get shot, but it's there own people that will be shooting them. That sums up that it's a moral problem of the area, if it wasn't Joseph Kony it would be some other leader.

Mao Zedong and Ho Chi Minh both had kids fighting during Vietnam and we killed them just like any other bastard that wanted to pick up a gun against us. So this is their choice over there and we should stay the f*** out of it.

f***ing tree hugging bastards should stop feeling so god damn sorry for everyone else in the world and start focusing on the problems our own people are having. Take those efforts to Philly and fix my city so I can go live there and not worry about my family getting killed.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Hahaha there you go.

It does all really stem down to Moral issues within the country. No amount of aid or protection will cure the problems they have.

These poverty stricken areas need something to believe in, most of the time it starts out religiously, but whatever the case, nothing good will happen over there unless they have a reason to get off their asses and act right.

They need to care enough about the future of either their country or their children to start a change and deal with the collateral damage, and that will be a lot of dead people most likely, but it is the only way the country will move forward. We did something similar with the civil war, so can they.