Kony2012

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Agreed. I kind of saw a side to that. The "why do people turn to the LRA in the first place" side of things. You hit the nail on the head.

HonDaReal

Hahaha there you go.

It does all really stem down to Moral issues within the country. No amount of aid or protection will cure the problems they have.

These poverty stricken areas need something to believe in, most of the time it starts out religiously, but whatever the case, nothing good will happen over there unless they have a reason to get off their asses and act right.

They need to care enough about the future of either their country or their children to start a change and deal with the collateral damage, and that will be a lot of dead people most likely, but it is the only way the country will move forward. We did something similar with the civil war, so can they.
If this is true then f*ck helping the poverty in our own country. They can get off their lazy asses too. So to the person above who said help philly. Ur not gonna get help because ur city is just a bunch of lazy ass worthless ppl apparently. If the ppl of uganda dont deserve help nobody does.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Hahaha there you go.

It does all really stem down to Moral issues within the country. No amount of aid or protection will cure the problems they have.

These poverty stricken areas need something to believe in, most of the time it starts out religiously, but whatever the case, nothing good will happen over there unless they have a reason to get off their asses and act right.

They need to care enough about the future of either their country or their children to start a change and deal with the collateral damage, and that will be a lot of dead people most likely, but it is the only way the country will move forward. We did something similar with the civil war, so can they.
:thumbs up

And x2 at pretty much everything Dylan has said, it seems as soon as something hits the walls of facespace the whole world goes to jump on the bandwagon because it's the "right thing to do", when i actuality nobody has done their research. It's the blind leading the blind.

I don't usually get myself into matters like this, because I hate the drama of it. Do I feel like what's going on there is horrible? You bet. Is it something I'm just going to throw money at and hope it goes away? Hell no, it doesn't work like that. Wanna throw money at something? There's a $14 trillion dollar hole we're living in the needs some help. Someone post up on facebook that American people are suffering, that'll take care of it because everyone and their mom will jump on it, just like they have with this. At least with that you could have somewhat an idea where your money is going, not some 68% of it just disappearing into who knows who's bank account.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
If this is true then f*ck helping the poverty in our own country. They can get off their lazy asses too. So to the person above who said help philly. Ur not gonna get help because ur city is just a bunch of lazy ass worthless ppl apparently. If the ppl of uganda dont deserve help nobody does.
The whole thing isnt about helping Uganda. Uganda is being rebuilt as we speak. It takes time. Look at Iran, egypt and seria. they are rebuilding some faster than others and they were in the same type of predicament as uganda. The whole thing about the documentary is capturing Kony which the US is doing. They sent people to train and find him. The UN also sent people to find him. This has been happening since 2006, we just care now because its on youtube and is trending on twitter. The whole helping another country thing is great, but Uganda is rebuilding its self. The Congo is in turmoil help can be sent to a place where they are in turmoil not a rebuilding nation. Also what about the kids in North Korea? No one cares about what is going on in North Korea, No one really cared about what was going on in the sudan until yesterday. My point is if you feel the need to help, donate to the links i provided.

Kyle

Yea it's not as simple as getting off your lazy ass to get out of poverty. Most people in poverty probably work twice as hard as us, but it's a vicious cycle and is very hard to escape. I've seen it for myself and most people struggle to get by. But it also falls under making rational choices like 1. Graduating High school atleast and preferably going to college if you can and B. Don't have 8 kids while your working a minimum wage job. The school systems in America are a completely different problem but I won't go into that.

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
If anyone should be doing something it shouldn't be the US, it should be the UK as their colonization is what ruined the country.

Ffffffffffff "Invisible Children" they'll never see a cent of my money and their videos will never have one of my 'views'

XjoEnX

So is Kony republican or democrat. Either way I think he stands a good chance against Romney. XD He has my vote.

And I'm joking. I know who he is. I think we're all getting a little too worked up over something that we know we won't care about next week. I dropped it the day of.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Thats cool, I remember seeing a show on history about the whole conflict a couple years ago.

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
lol @ everyone getting worked up over this. obviously i'm all for the imprisonment of Kony, but buying a damn bracelet or a starters kit isn't gonna get him to jail.

good marketing by those campaigns. it's all about the money, money, money.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Yea it's not as simple as getting off your lazy ass to get out of poverty. Most people in poverty probably work twice as hard as us, but it's a vicious cycle and is very hard to escape. I've seen it for myself and most people struggle to get by. But it also falls under making rational choices like 1. Graduating High school atleast and preferably going to college if you can and B. Don't have 8 kids while your working a minimum wage job. The school systems in America are a completely different problem but I won't go into that.
Ummmm I don't think a diploma is going to be a make or break on escaping poverty. I'm a very successful manager (manager of the year to be exact) with nothing more than 10.5 years of education. Dropped out midway of my junior year. Yet I can form a sentence better than half these people here with 4yr degrees.

I didn't take it personal, nor should you feel that this is a personal attack. Just wanted to note that a piece of paper doesn't mean shit in the real world. My assistant is 3yrs older than me, with a 4yr degree and countless certifications. And still does my bitch work.