Kurt Von Mustang

DB7ish

I love New Edge Mustangs. They were always my favorite. Terminator Cobras have been my dream car since I was a kid. Someday I'll have a Screaming Yellow Cobra lowered on CCWs. And nothing beats the sound a 4 valve with Bassini X-pipe and Borla Stingers. My favorite exhaust combo for that engine.

You planning on doing any serious engine mods? Heads+cams, supercharger, turbo, nitrous? A Diablosport Predator tuner along with exhaust might liven things up for now.

R13

The other asshole
Plans? Uhhhh... Selling it for a motorcycle? :rolf:

If anything I'll just keep it simple, Pypes o/r x-pipe (Bassani doesn't sound good with flowmasters) and aesthetics (Partial plans list on first page). I've grown out of having obnoxious cars that ride like shit and have little to no practicality, I just wanna keep this one simple and make it look nice, I really don't mind the 219-230whp, What are you gonna do with 300+? Lose control into a curb showing off? :lol:

Just something the chicks enjoy riding in, Because honestly... That's all it's good for. :mrgreen:

R13

The other asshole
Ayy, s***ty iphone pics.

Only got about 2 hours in as I had other stuff to do, Which is why I only have two s***ty pics.

R13

The other asshole
Progress has been minimal, Keeping it low key, That will change soon, All that's left is to remove the timing chain/tensioners, Exhaust manifolds and pull the heads.

Pics weren't too plentiful this time either, It was raining and the humidity kept fogging up my lens.

R13

The other asshole
Don't mind me, No progress going on here. :mrgreen:

H-pipe is out, F***ing thing was full of water, Like a whole gallon of just straight water. :what:

I have also found the trans has been just leaking from everywhere, I'll have to roll it outside and degrease it when the engine's fixed and the trans is pulled, Whole bottom of the car is just soaked in ATF, It's a miracle it didn't burst into flames. :lol:

Last edited:

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Omfg get rid of that fucking ugly ass tbird.

That's a 2valve Mustang isn't it¿ I heard those are a bitch to get power out of. That's why people prefer the 4valve.

R13

The other asshole
I'll get rid of something alright, Get rid of your ugly face. :lol:

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
I've reached that point of hopelessness, Heads are off, H-pipe is out, Driveshaft is out, There's bolts, hoses, random little hose brackets & wires everywhere. The block and auto trans are coming out next. Big piles of saturated oil dry, It's a f***ing mess. :rolf:

It's to that point you step back, look at it and go "f***..." :lol:

After I get the block out I'm gonna get the heads checked and maybe hot tanked at the machine shop, Valves and everything look good, Just have a hunch to have them checked for cracks.

This will also be a good time to clean the bay up with the engine all the way out.

Just like my integra "Oh, it'll be done in a couple of weeks... yeah, more like 3-4 months. :mrgreen:

I can only imagine at this point how tree must feel when he walks out in the garage and looks at his miata.

treeafodo

Austin
I've reached that point of hopelessness, Heads are off, H-pipe is out, Driveshaft is out, There's bolts, hoses, random little hose brackets & wires everywhere. The block and auto trans are coming out next. Big piles of saturated oil dry, It's a f***ing mess. :rolf:

It's to that point you step back, look at it and go "f***..." :lol:

After I get the block out I'm gonna get the heads checked and maybe hot tanked at the machine shop, Valves and everything look good, Just have a hunch to have them checked for cracks.

This will also be a good time to clean the bay up with the engine all the way out.

Just like my integra "Oh, it'll be done in a couple of weeks... yeah, more like 3-4 months. :mrgreen:

I can only imagine at this point how tree must feel when he walks out in the garage and looks at his miata.
I've had the exact same thoughts. Especially when I keep taking it further apart. I look at the wiring harness which is all boxed up and think "I still have to unlock most of it and modify it?"

Keep at it though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R13

The other asshole
Wish I could post better pics but half the lights are out in the garage :lol:

Neither my dslr or my iphone like the lighting situation at all, Not even with the tripod.

I'll roll it outside tomorrow if it's not raining and take some pics though, and I might be able to get some better low light pics with my new lens after it's delivered.

treeafodo

Austin
I feel you there. My garage has so many different lights. One is super bright, one is dull and yellow, the natural light messes with the white balance. It's hard to get right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R13

The other asshole
I need you to post a video of a burnout as soon as you get a chance lol cool car man.. drift with it lol
Sure if I ever get there :lol:

Today was a bad f***ing day, My hands feel like they've been smashed with a hammer a few times, Took an ATF bath, Hurt my back a little.

Torque converter bolts have been torqued way too f***ing tight and they rounded off, I had to separate the trans from the block just to get a wrench to them and I still couldn't break any of them loose, I had to quit, I couldn't take it anymore, the car's sleeping outside, On jackstands, With the transmission half out, and I don't have the slightest clue how to get out of this shit situation without sustaining more injuries, I don't care if I break them, It's all going in the trash anyway.

Doing all this on my own with no help is also starting to wear on me as always. :(

Worst thing is that I have to figure this out very soon, The car is sitting outside with the cylinder walls exposed, Hood's on it but that won;t save much.

My only other option is to reattach the transmission and put it back in the garage which is a lot of work in itself, but I may have to...

Ganyon

Put car on tow truck, tow to scrap yard, enjoy life. Jk jk. I know you can do it. I wanna see this thing get done.

R13

The other asshole
Corral forums are saying a hammer and a chisel will break them off because ...wait for it, The nuts are aluminum :smackself:

Ford does some dumb s***, but jesus.. Aluminum nuts on the f***ing torque converter...

Last edited: