Kurt Von Mustang

R13

The other asshole
If I had some extra muscle I think I can slide the transmission back and get it free from the torque converter, but I don't think anyone is available to help.

I have to do something before it starts raining tonight though.

R13

The other asshole
Oh look, A dirty tampon. :mrgreen:

I would like to thank Tree for motivating me to get it out, And the extra muscle who helped hammer the bolts out who later informed me that he was "Going home to play with some titties and go to sleep" :lol:

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Dipstick
Flywheel
Flywheel bolts
Exedy clutch kit
Pressure plate bolts and dowel pins
Intake and oil pan gaskets

All on the way this week.

All that's left of the tear down phase is to pull the block, Check the crank/rod bearings etc, get the heads checked, wash the engine bay, degrease and wash the underside and then assembly can begin.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Finally. Are you still going to put saleen or termi parts on it? I feel like thats going to cost more than what you will get out of it.. Fix it. Sell it. Buy motorcycle. Win.

R13

The other asshole
All of that stuff will only happen on the slim chance I do decide to keep it.

I will have to keep it long enough to run it through a ~500 mile break in but that's all, once it's broken in I can make my final decision which will likely result in selling it.

I'll probably also get a 2nd job during that period with any luck to stash back some cash for better gear and the trip to the coast.

R13

The other asshole
Fairly eventful week, Got the clutch kit and gaskets yesterday, Flywheel/clutch bolts today, Flywheel is scheduled tomorrow and dipstick saturday. I've still yet to find a local tuner to remove the auto ECU functions so I may be buying a flash tuner. :roll:

Pulled the block out this afternoon, Went to put it on a stand and realized I didn't have any bolts to hold it on with, No luck getting any as you can see by the shimmed head bolts I used to pull the block, Everything's metric on this engine and apparently no one carries metrics in the woods.

Also brought the heads home and put them in my garage to strip and take them to the machine shop.

Now I just need to remove the auto shifter and pedals, Power wash the bay/under side of the car, Install manual pedals, Clean/rebuild the engine and it can start going back together.

As long as everything goes smoothly should look for this to be running in 3-5 weeks at most

R13

The other asshole
It's already gay and red, Why on earth would I have bought it if it was a v6? :lol:

There's even a sound clip in the OP. :rolf:

Last edited: