light performance increase

hgocasca

level 77 troll
To the people who didn't pay attention to anything other than 180whp, you should read what I posted, I already have a vtec da, I want a nonvtec beast, to those like Jason and Dylan, who paid attention, I can't thank you enough for your advice and tips, I hope to post pics and dyno numbers soon so you can see my project become a reality. Any further advice or tips are greatly appreciated, I'll post any progress and results on this thread

soulboarder

i would also like to see the output on this build, as i am goin to be building one myself, i have a 91 rs which is my daily driver. I also own a 90 mazda rx7 that i am currently doin a turbo swap on. this thread should be very interesting

To the people who didn't pay attention to anything other than 180whp, you should read what I posted, I already have a vtec da, I want a nonvtec beast, to those like Jason and Dylan, who paid attention, I can't thank you enough for your advice and tips, I hope to post pics and dyno numbers soon so you can see my project become a reality. Any further advice or tips are greatly appreciated, I'll post any progress and results on this thread
You're going to have to run a hell of a set of cams to have a "beast"...

Cripton805

As a matter of fact as far as me... I did read that. You also stated money wasnt a problem. Later on you said you dont have all the money in he world, so keep it cheap "referred to that"... which is which.

Youre not going to have a non Vtec beast cheaply or even affordable or even reasonable or even streetable.

You want a non vtec beast without turbo, but you want to call it a beast at 180whp? Not only that, I doubt youll get there if you dont have the funds for it

Ive been in forums for awhile now and Ive seen people reach 180whp and even 200whp "highest"

Tuning, tuning, tuning... most people got 150-170whp

Last edited:

mirrorimg

404's are streetable, you just have to run a 1000-1200 RPM idle. So technically you can get around the lopey-ness at idle, but for fuel-economy... you cant really build a powerful non-vtec.

My idle is set at 1000 with my 303's.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
404's are streetable, you just have to run a 1000-1200 RPM idle. So technically you can get around the lopey-ness at idle, but for fuel-economy... you cant really build a powerful non-vtec.

My idle is set at 1000 with my 303's.
i guess it would be streetable on pump gas since its only a b16 or ITR piston. i just dont think a street car should have to be warmed up for ten years before you drive it, and it think the crowers would do that or i would warm it up for ten years because of the build and me knowing that the motor is on its limit as a NA car.

I was just making sure you weren't slipping on us Dylan.
naw gots video proof haha

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I enjoy making turns too, that's why I chose to go with the ls for this one, I don't want a sudden surge of power, I want a smooth powerband. I know what I want from this car, it's going to have a high idle yes, but if I wanted economy, I'd get a Geo metro. It will be my DD, but I also have most of my commute on the freeway. I love doing freeway pulls, but also like doing the tight turns getting on the onramp

phatintegra

Banned
Wondering if he bump the compression up to 11:1-11:6 and throw ITBs and a good tune on a Non-VTEC motor. He may reach those numbers or maybe not. I wonder.....