Looking into some Upgrades

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
Ok so it's that time of year.. time to spend more money.
Thinking of picking up some rims, some springs, and possibly an exhaust system for my '00 Integra LS.

The rims I'm looking at are 16" GP GR 6 (looks like the Regamaster Evo) in black, but I'm open to suggestions.. I've also heard the GSR blades would look good, but I'm not sure if I want to do a really polished wheel on a silver car..

A friend of mine told me to pick up some Tein springs if I'm going to lower my car.. only looking to do like 1.5", maybe a little more, not too sure.. What all would I have to get in order to do this? Again, open to suggestions.

And for the exhaust, I've had my head going in the direction of a GReddy Evo2, but I'm looking for input here as well. My friend just got a Skunk2 exhaust for his '02 RSX, and I'm not too fond of the sound of it..

Any input on what to pick up is greatly appreciated!

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
I know what you mean, a friend of mine was trying to help me decide as well, but he's also undecided between the blades and the GP GR 6s.

As for the suspension, if I were to pick up the Tokico HPK Shock/Spring kit, that would have me set, correct? I'm not very mechanically inclined, and I'm not very fun to deal with if I get ripped off as I have the temper of a hand grenade.. What components would I be looking to pick up for a suspension package? Springs, struts, shocks, etc? Thanks for the help :)

edit: link to the Tokico HPK package thingy?
http://www.clubintegra.com/store/tokico-hpk-shock-spring-kit-hpk201_p1643.html

Last edited:

shim

i need money
IMO, blades would look better.. and yeah, the tokico kit would be the struts and springs that you need, and you'd be set after installing them, no need to worry about your stock shocks blowing out (shocks and struts are the same thing, just fyi if you didn't know..).

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
ok sounds sick, thanks for the help man..
Any pros/cons about the Tokico blues over a set of Teins? Again, my buddy with an RSX was saying he had blues on his 92 teg and advised me to get some Tein springs instead.. Just trying to get the best bang for my buck if you know what I mean..

jznsn2u

ok sounds sick, thanks for the help man..
Any pros/cons about the Tokico blues over a set of Teins? Again, my buddy with an RSX was saying he had blues on his 92 teg and advised me to get some Tein springs instead.. Just trying to get the best bang for my buck if you know what I mean..
Tokico blues are struts. They are good for daily driving and strong enough to support your lowering springs. My family member had installed them on his integra and we both commented that the tokico blue's aren't all that great for performance. It's too soft entering corners. If your not trying to touge or autox then these would be the ideal for daily driving. Teins sells lowering springs and full adjustable coil overs, I dont think they sell struts individual struts. Like mentioned before, if you get just the spring you would need to get aftermarket struts to increase the life of your suspension. (stock struts will blow sooner or later).

I know you're not mechanically inclined but I hope this will help you get a better understanding about suspension.

lowering options -
Too start things off --->
This is a spring (your strut sits inside of this spring)

This is a strut (usually used for modern day cars. Sits inside of the spring.)

This is a shock (usually used for trucks. Does not have a spring around it.)

Coilover springs -

Replace's the stock springs.
This is the cheapest way to lower your car. You could either snap this onto your stock struts or put them on your aftermarket struts. Some people say that this particular coilover (ground control)and aftermarket struts offer good performance. Ebay coilovers will get you laughed at and eventually killed.

Lowering springs + Struts -

Read the review - lowering springs + aftermarket struts.
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=22684

Full adjustable Coilover

Read the review- highly recomended, most expensive.The best thing you can spend your money on. Fully adjustable - ride height, dampening-soft/stiff. The best suspension modification you can spend your money on.

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=22673

Last edited:

shim

i need money
^ "Ebay coilovers will get you laughed at and eventually killed."

LOL. hahaha that's true. sorry, just had to laugh.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
ok I think I get it now :p
so for a daily driver, would you guys suggest lowering springs & struts over coilovers? I'm not trying to do any track racing or anything, just some cruising with buddies.. we go up to the mountains in Hamilton every once in a blue moon but nothing crazysauce.. not exactly rolling in money either, but I've got enough to get me into something nice (hopefully).

Dumpie1

Lower is better
so for a daily driver, would you guys suggest lowering springs & struts over coilovers? I'm not trying to do any track racing or anything, just some cruising with buddies.. we go up to the mountains in Hamilton every once in a blue moon but nothing crazysauce.. not exactly rolling in money either, but I've got enough to get me into something nice (hopefully).
I would go with full adjustable coilovers, if i had the money :thumbs up

jznsn2u

Fully adjustable coilovers are good for all around (varies from different companies). Based on your needs you stated I would recommend tokico blues/illumina's, koni yellow struts and ground control coilover sleeves.