Lowering Springs

SteadyRollin

lol I know a lot of people don't go ebay but wen I bought my first teg it came with ebay coilovers and koni oranges it was a really good drop and the ride wasn't that bad for ebay

Swerve

Shawn
Koni SRT.T and Tein S Tech spring combo from Tunersports is $ 453.13 shipped. Cheaper and better quality than skunk2.

Does skunk2 offer lifetime warranty on their shocks?
Wow thats a great set up for a good price.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
Never put cheap ebay parts in areas of the car where safety might be compromised. We all may go back and forth between brands and such, but we all know ebay coilovers are simply dangerous.

Btw, next set for me is GC...

dlo253

Never put cheap ebay parts in areas of the car where safety might be compromised. We all may go back and forth between brands and such, but we all know ebay coilovers are simply dangerous.

Btw, next set for me is GC...

Dangerous? Let's see your proof, or hear your personal experience...

pluckt007

Dangerous? Let's see your proof, or hear your personal experience...
I may be cheap and poor, but I'm not stupid. No name ebay strut bars and thats it. Im not going to hurt myself to prove a point.

And yes, uncle with the b20 DA needed camber kit, got some ebay stuf with rush delivery, lasted about a month before the cheap metal and weld broke. That was around January or so...

Now what?
Everybody under the sun dont trust no name nothings, but you come at me with "wheres your proof and personal expierence?" Whats that about?

Last edited:

dlo253

Calm down buddy. Most people think they know it all from hear say rather than experience.
To my misfortune, my car came with eBay coil sleeves and a camber kit.
I haven't died yet..... I can still demolish my homeboys in the corners with this setup, their setups vary....
I work in a full service fabrication/CNC aerospace shop... if I felt it was sub par quality it would not be on my car. And believe me, it's been put to the test, and beyond. It's held up great to the abuse, and after wiping the dirt off they still all look brand new. Worst part is the unknown spring rates, which I got lucky to get a consistent set.

Its one thing to say its not a very good setup, but to call it dangerous? Meh. I havent heard of them directly causing any death or injury. An expensive setup can also be dangerous, depends on the installer lol. There is still some sort of quality control and whatnot. And they are still using the "proper" materials. Whether it be lesser grade or not. I haven't seen any concrete documentation that proves either way and I doubt anybody else has either. The scariest part are the unknown variables.

Nobody trusts no name parts? If you wanna be technical, the stuff I have made for the community is also "no name" yet better quality than most "name brands"...... saying I make s*** products also since I am not a known brand?

I'm not saying go out and get it, or that it is good per say... but dangerous? Not necessarily.
What's that about? Its about seeing people always spew the same s***, yet half the time they just say what sounds good. Some without any personal experience so they have no clue realistically. Wasn't tryna get your panties in a bunch man, just asked for your reasoning. And what camber kit? Didn't even know there was more than one eBay style Lol. Mine, and the ones I've seen are all one piece stamped steel...

Last edited:

pluckt007

Its all good.

I understand what you saying. I agree with a lot you said, unkown variables, the installer, ect.

I would consider you a trusy source, if and when I need a cam seal, im still hitting you up. I just dont want percieved as an ignorant parrot. A learning student, absolutely.

dlo253

I didn't intend to give the impression I think you are ignorant, not at all...

I guess I am just pretty opened minded. Idk if you've seen it, but some guy on a lists forum bought them just for testing purposes and actually gave a positive review... they are just different colored skunk2 for a fraction of the price. Would not be surprised if they are all made side by side in the same place...

Well that is good to know, I always do my own testing before I think about selling anything to somebody from the community. Every part I sell, puts my reputation on the line. So I make sure it's better than perfect Lol... Our traction bars have been proven better than most. And even crash tested, unintentionally unfortunately.... But it did not go out with a bang like I have seen from other companies which I would rather not put them on blast anyways.

randomhobo

automagic user
Probably get a lot of crap for this but I went with Eibach pro kit springs (1.3 in drop) and KYB GR-2 struts. I'm pretty happy with this setup, would have liked a little more drop in the front though.