Lowering Springs

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I think without quality control, you may have one set of coils that works fine, but another may not work. I don't have any expereince in the matter, but just another point (IMO).

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Probably get a lot of crap for this but I went with Eibach pro kit springs (1.3 in drop) and KYB GR-2 struts. I'm pretty happy with this setup, would have liked a little more drop in the front though.
Why?

I've had Eibach Pro-Kit, they make good springs. Might not be as low as some would want, but quality is superb. The GR-2's are more of a OE replacement shock. Since the drop is not as severe as say, the Eibach Sportline springs, I doubt you'll see premature shock failure.

Not a bad setup. 8)

dlo253

I think without quality control, you may have one set of coils that works fine, but another may not work. I don't have any expereince in the matter, but just another point (IMO).
Yeah.. that's the biggest problem with it, its all hit or miss... would be nice if they at least published rates, and keep them within a certain range. Or put them off to the side until you get more matches. For all we know they could be using the same material as Eibach (highly doubtful, just an example.) But it wouldn't mean shit if the rates aren't consistent.
As I've said discussing it with other people . The PO probly was just lucky enough to get a set that is consistent all the way around. Once I get my GCs I think I may see what these spring rates actually are. And maybe find more information, then people will at least have something to go off of rather than hear say or opinions.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
Why?

I've had Eibach Pro-Kit, they make good springs. Might not be as low as some would want, but quality is superb. The GR-2's are more of a OE replacement shock. Since the drop is not as severe as say, the Eibach Sportline springs, I doubt you'll see premature shock failure.

Not a bad setup. 8)
Agreed, thats a good set up.