LS/VTEC All-motor

Mugeismo

so what happens when youre going down the freeway and you rip the oil pan open because the pan is too low? Or are you keeping the car stock height?
Oh I'd much rather have clearance. Michigan roads are garbage, and I'm not moving any time soon. The last thing I need is a destroyed oil pan at full speed on Detroit highways.

I hate the idea of cutting a Type-R hood, but I'd do it if it meant saving my engine. Those drag cars in the HT/SS article look brutal. I'd be paranoid.

Mugeismo

You have an R?

I would do an H2B with the auto honestly. That would be cool.
I'm picking up a Type-R conversion this weekend. Was going to do an SiR-G swap, but $750 locally for a full conversion in good shape was cheaper. Installing it when I get the quarters/rockers replaced and the car repainted (March/April).

I will look into the H2B. Although I'd argue why bother with a B transmission instead of the H it comes with?

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
JDM front isnt a type r front unless it has a type R vin.

B should have shorter gearing unless the H came with a 5 speed. I dont think it did IIRC.

Mugeismo

JDM front isnt a type r front unless it has a type R vin.

B should have shorter gearing unless the H came with a 5 speed. I dont think it did IIRC.
It was pulled from a RHD conversion front clip. Verified it with my own eyes.

Ok. I'll research it a bit further. Would be an interesting combo.

94RS

No fucks given.
It was pulled from a RHD conversion front clip. Verified it with my own eyes.

I'm assuming you're talking about the bumper, fenders, etc?

Were the headlights black or chrome housing?

Last edited:

Mugeismo

I'm assuming you're talking about the bumper, fenders, etc?

I think Samurai though you were talking about the buying entire front clip, firewall and all.

We're the headlights black or chrome housing?
My apologies. I wasn't clear. He has the entire conversion (chopped from the firewall). I only purchased the necessary body panels to do a front end conversion. He kept the motor, trans, ECU, harness, and firewall. The headlights are black non-HID housings.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
calling a j front a type r front is kind of like calling a white/black/yellow 98+ front bumper a type r bumper as well. Only matters if its on a type R and even then only matters if its numbers matching.

Mugeismo

calling a j front a type r front is kind of like calling a white/black/yellow 98+ front bumper a type r bumper as well. Only matters if its on a type R and even then only matters if its numbers matching.
I'm aware of the difference. I just wasn't clear enough. Originally I had plans to purchase a JDM SiR-G front end conversion through H Motors Online. Instead I opted for a JDM Type-R conversion.

All oranges are fruits, but not all fruits are oranges.

Last edited:

Mugeismo

Well...its been an up and down week. Installed the rear subframe brace and lower tie bar. Ass end looks great. Also got the transmission fluid changed. The transmission now shifts significantly better.

Now for the bad. Walked out of 7-11 and noticed something looked off about the back end. Didn't think anything of it and drove home. They didn't mention it at the dealership, so I figured it must be the light.

Come to find out, someone hit my wheel well with some force. The quarter and bumper is pushed in significantly. I look this car over daily, and I know this damage is new. Unfortunately, my well is now sitting on my tire to the point I can't get a pinky in.

Filed an insurance claim and hopefully they will take a look this week. I'm hoping they won't total the car out since replacing the bumper and quarter will cost more than the car is worth. If that happens, I'm gutting all of my suspension and brake setup. Start saving for a cheap JDM Integra and have it imported.

So much for buying the ITR front end.

Mugeismo

if its just crushed in, you can pull it out still. If you really like the car put the time into fixing it.
Funny thing is, I was going to replace the quarters so the rust was gone. Problem is, it looks like there is some suspension damage as well. I'll know more once the body shop takes a look.

renarudo

I'm interested to see where this project is going. I know that Mugeismo is not interested in a K swap. But if your going to do an auto, why not a K24 auto swap?? Then again if you want to keep it B then the B18C auto sounds like the best bet. Still wish you the best on the work.

Mugeismo

I'm interested to see where this project is going. I know that Mugeismo is not interested in a K swap. But if your going to do an auto, why not a K24 auto swap?? Then again if you want to keep it B then the B18C auto sounds like the best bet. Still wish you the best on the work.
Thank you.

It's not that I'm not interested in a K series. I love them. I just don't want to drop $3,000 on an engine, and then another $2,000-3,000 in rebuilding it. Almost bought a base RSX auto this week for $1,000. Figured I would make most of my money back parting the cart out and keeping the engine, transmission, etc along with the seats. Yes, the K20A3 isn't ideal, but for next to free I figured why not? Still debating what to do there.

As for the accident...The insurance company and collision shop determined there was no damage. Myself and the guys at Horsepower Techs disagree. There's clearly damage to the rear quarter and bumper. That didn't bother me. I was planning on replacing the quarter panels this spring anyways.

The bigger issue is the trailing arm. The bolt that connects the LCA to the trailing arm was stripped. The metal of the trailing arm where the LCA fits in is bent outwards. The car is going on the lift so we can see if the trailing arm was pulled out. More than likely I will just be saying fuck it and replacing both trailing arms along with all four hubs and wheel bearings.