LS/VTEC build 250+ HP without Boost, is it possible?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I'm running 84 x 84.5 mm with buddy club stage 4, DFE ported head, and 13+1 cr. I'd say I'm at about 230 or so. With different cams 250 may be possible.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I'm running 84 x 84.5 mm with buddy club stage 4, DFE ported head, and 13+1 cr. I'd say I'm at about 230 or so. With different cams 250 may be possible.
What fuel so you run?

seahtech

Yes that number is possible. There are multiple B-series engines running around my area that have made this number on pump gas...

The theory of how to attain that number is pretty well documented but of course they are many many different ways on how to do it. N/A cars are not cheap so dont ask beacuse if you have to you cant afford it...

If you'd like detailed explanation of it PM me but here is the short verion of the "SIMPLIEST" way:

Block:
84-86.5mm bore
92 (long rod style) or 95mm stroke
12.5:1 pistons
Rods & bolts
*If desired thinner head gasket (If using a GSR head I would not recommend this)

Head:
Full port matching to the intake manifold and a good cleaning up of all ports
Some big boy cams, there are many different brands that off cams that will achieve this number. If it was me I would use BC4 or Skunk Pro2s
Full valve train (Springs, dual-retainers, lightweight valves, adjustable cam gears)

Intake/Exhaust
68-70mm throttle body port matched to intake manifold (any will work honestly as long as it is port matched at both ends, OEM will need to be hogged out though, I would use Edlebrock Performer X)
A CUSTOM/HIGH END HEADER (not simply a uniformly bought one like Skunk2, BC, DC, etc)
Full 3" exhaust
Ram Air or CAI doesnt matter

Misc
440 injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
A FPR and FP Gauge
Tuning Costs

There is the quick version. I dont think I am forgetting anything important, although I know that I did leave out a lot of little things.

Long story short: Yes it is possible. Yes it is expensive.

PS: Nitrous Oxide is a form of 'focred induction' so while not being "boost" it is still a process in which you are adding that which would normally not occur.

hamfacekilla

i suggest that you should choose to do a b20 vtec as higher lift cams will like more displacement, skunk2 pro2 have dyno'd at 275whp with a b20 vtec.
x2 on the b20, bitches are strong:worthy: and 2.2s are gonna throw down 275 easy all day, where is the b20 setup is still 1.8