Ls/Vtec problem

tilegend

tsu878, i just hope you're not re-using LS head bolts....

and i guess you can deny all you want about the inherent advantages of head studs vs head bolts to save yourself a buck or two.
i might have quoted ARP but you can just do your own research whether it be ARP's word or not.

when doing an LS/VTEC conversion you need the GSR head bolts. the price of buying a set of OEM head bolts vs ARP head stud kit, Most people opt to dish out an extra $10-$30 for the ARP head studs for the extra assurance. thats why i never really see this issue up for debate.

or if you bought a set of GSR bolts used then you should be fine, anyhow its your call.

Last edited:

tsu878

"Supersonic Vtec fun"
tsu878, i just hope you're not re-using LS head bolts....

and i guess you can deny all you want about the inherent advantages of head studs vs head bolts to save yourself a buck or two.
i might have quoted ARP but you can just do your own research whether it be ARP's word or not.

when doing an LS/VTEC conversion you need the GSR head bolts. the price of buying a set of OEM head bolts vs ARP head stud kit, Most people opt to dish out an extra $10-$30 for the ARP head studs for the extra assurance. thats why i never really see this issue up for debate.

or if you bought a set of GSR bolts used then you should be fine, anyhow its your call.
thanks for the info but i already have the gsr bolts cause my car was a gsr tell i blow the motor but i do see where your coming from if i had to buy new gsr bolts i would just buy the arp rods but im just going to reuse my gsr bolts.