Maaco Paint Job- Post pics!

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
here's my pics from 4years ago my 1st car/teg. I totaled the car less than a month after the paint job/new rssr and itr exhaust My uncle is in the auto body for 35+ years and he told me to go to Maaco cause his buddy works there and would hook me up..
I also bought OEM paint from my cousin from Acura.. Total cost of paint job was $1600.. Only thing is I only took 3 pics before the accident :( after the accident though I did get $7000 for my 94LS from insurance company, and kept 3/4 my aftermarket. parts :D

kayhoop

Yeah, I heard with maaco a lot of the time if you do the prep work it turns out great, good or decent. But within the first year, year and a half it either fades trimediously or gets spotty. Besides maaco charges too much for the kind of work they do. It also depends on which maaco. Regardless I would never trust them with my teg!

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Haha im very thankful for maaco currently!

I'm gettin some body damaged fixed and they said they would match or beat any other companies estimate and i went to maaco got a $500 estimate and now im getting my car fixed for $500 instead of $880 and the best part is i have a $1300 dollar check from the insurance company of the guy who did the damage! :D hahaha thats my story :)

jay8801

Haha im very thankful for maaco currently!

I'm gettin some body damaged fixed and they said they would match or beat any other companies estimate and i went to maaco got a $500 estimate and now im getting my car fixed for $500 instead of $880 and the best part is i have a $1300 dollar check from the insurance company of the guy who did the damage! :D hahaha thats my story :)
lol Lucky you.:thumbs up

kayhoop

I mean, I wouldn't be so thankful for maaco until after you have seen the work done. I honestly don't think they'll do that great of a job i'd rather get somewhere else to try to price match or the pay the $880 instead of letting maaco price match and mess your car up completely.
But, good luck!
I wanna see some pics up when it's done.

YadaDA9

I personally have no experience with Maaco, but I've definitely heard mixed reviews. I have heard of things like them leaving holes and scratches in the car. I also heard of a guy that won a competition with his show car, painted at Maaco with the paint he supplied. It REALLY depends on the specific location. I think if you find the closest Maaco with the best reviews, do your own prep work, and supply the paint, you might end up with a good, long lasting paintjob.

Henok2000

my brother told me about his boy who works there. he said most ppl don't ask for primer and thats why the paint usually ends up bubbling and what not. primer and your good. hopefully....lol. i'm gonna prolly try it on my 91 ef sedan with horrible oxidation. we'll see what happens.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
my brother told me about his boy who works there. he said most ppl don't ask for primer and thats why the paint usually ends up bubbling and what not. primer and your good. hopefully....lol. i'm gonna prolly try it on my 91 ef sedan with horrible oxidation. we'll see what happens.
you shouldn't have to ask for it. a good shop would prep the car properly and then shoot paint. when you go into a shop, you expect the people there to know what they're doing. your paint job is only going to adhere as good as what's underneath it, though. if you're going to go through the trouble of prepping the car yourself, you might as well give paint a go.

ghost_xero

Sword of Swords!
NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER go to maaco, they will NOT remove the old paint before painting ur cr and they dont paint the inner door jamb, or whatever u wanna call it, they suck at taping it off and yes their paint NEVER lasts, i had a buddy with a civic, it was yellow, he got it painted hunter green, about 6 months in, we took it too one of those self wash bays and one hit with the power washer near the skirt of the car and we saw yellow.....another guy i know got a crown vic painted from white to black, same thing, plus hes inner door section was still white. ur better off doing it yourself!

hotdoghogie

Droppin panties since1990
i would be more worried about overspray. Orange peel is a bitch because the paint will be soo thin and single stage will turn ugly if you dont keep it up to date. Also the brand of single stage they use is a biggie too. Me and my buddie are experimenting with single stage right now... so far so ggod just prepwork and upkeep.

... and overspray.

ganjulation

Heres my Maaco. Came out much cleaner looking then I expected and customer service was good.

It was a choice between a friend's guy for 1000 or maaco(which started at 800 but ended at 1200) Im happy with my decision, guess ill find out down the road

Paint Job: Supreme Color Change (Single Stage polyurethene)----800.00
Prep: Hood needed to be sanded to bare metel, Emblem's shaved, Fix right corner panel, all other dings will show------500.00

They ended up cutting me a deal on paint(like they do everybody) so all together------1100.00

Took 4 Days

Last edited:

choyoyoing

How you like my v-tec?
.... you get what you paid for.

-Red
Truer words were never spoken. Find a shop [doesn't have to be maaco] and ask for their work. The best is to see cars that have been done in person because photos just don't do it sometimes. See an actual paint job done by the shop your looking at. If they don't have any vehicles to look at then pass it by...you will find one that shows off their work. Again, can't stress what Red said enough...in the end, once you find a shop you feel you can trust, you will get what you pay for. Most of the time a 5-800 paint job is not going to be anything to be happy about....even if you Wet Sand it because depending on the price will vary on the paint and the prep which will determine the durability. You don't want to pay 5-800 on your paint and then in 1 year it's not looking the same.

IsAlwaysBroken

All Stock
Heres my Maaco. Came out much cleaner looking then I expected and customer service was good.

It was a choice between a friend's guy for 1000 or maaco(which started at 800 but ended at 1200) Im happy with my decision, guess ill find out down the road

Paint Job: Supreme Color Change (Single Stage polyurethene)----800.00
Prep: Hood needed to be sanded to bare metel, Emblem's shaved, Fix right corner panel, all other dings will show------500.00

They ended up cutting me a deal on paint(like they do everybody) so all together------1100.00

Took 4 Days

So did you do a complete color change? Or did you just repaint it the same color?