Manual Transmission Mount:NOT AVAILABLE???

sportsma1539

I hate making a thread for this but how do you go about getting a manual transmission mount for a Generation 2 integra???? Autozone, Advance, nor O'Reillys can find it. They can find it for an automatic but not a 5 speed. I know i could get it at the stealership but I dont wanna pay an arm and a leg for it. I might have to order it off of ebay but I'm trying to avoid doing that because i need it tomorrow. Is this a common problem when ordering one for a 2nd generation?? Thanks

H2BDA9

try a local junk yard or towing lot. you can probabaly pick up all 3 mounts for dirt cheap.

sportsma1539

I thought about that too but chances are on a 17 year old car the motor mounts will be bad. I was just wondering if anyone encountered the same thing too??

H2BDA9

not off a completely stock car. you would be surprised at how good of shape you can find. if you have the money, get some innovative/avid/hasport mounts. i got innovative for 225 shipped.

sportsma1539

not off a completely stock car. you would be surprised at how good of shape you can find. if you have the money, get some innovative/avid/hasport mounts. i got innovative for 225 shipped.

Well when I pulled my engine out, 3 of the 4 mounts were bad. I wanna stick with the stock mounts. I hear you get more vibration from the engine with performance mounts. I got a new rear mount, the front mount is good, and I'm hopefully gonna get the tranny mount soon. To get the tranny mount in, you actually have to drop the engine to do it. Its a pain in the ass so I wanna get it before I put the engine back in. The drivers side mount can wait for now. Its easy to change anyway.

H2BDA9

you can get soft after market mounts. i have innovative 60A mounts and they dont vibrate hardly at all. if your going to stick with stock, your best bet would be a junk yard. ive found plenty of stock mounts that are in great shape. i put my all my mounts on without pulling my motor...

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i have found out if 1 place dosent have a listing for a part its safe to say that the other stores dont have it either. NAPA usually is pretty good about finding parts.

sportsma1539

you can get soft after market mounts. i have innovative 60A mounts and they dont vibrate hardly at all. if your going to stick with stock, your best bet would be a junk yard. ive found plenty of stock mounts that are in great shape. i put my all my mounts on without pulling my motor...
Yea you can change them without pulling the motor but whats the secret on the tranny mount?? When I put my motor back in the first time, I couldn't get the tranny mount in without dropping the engine about 6 inches. It was the same pulling the engine out. I had to drop the engine just to get the mount out.

H2BDA9

i just loosened the T belt side first, but didnt take it off, and then loosened the trans side and with a little love it came off... not really easy by any means, but easier then pulling a motor. took about 15 min instead of the half hour to pull motor.

sportsma1539

i just loosened the T belt side first, but didnt take it off, and then loosened the trans side and with a little love it came off... not really easy by any means, but easier then pulling a motor. took about 15 min instead of the half hour to pull motor.

The stud that sticks up out of the tranny was so long that by the time you pull the mount to the top of the stud it was hitting the chassis.