Massive oil Leak

built_ls

For the last two days, whenever I park my car a puddle of oil forms on the ground. The leak is dripping from the oil pan area. Driver side, front of engine not the back

I got pics and vid, but cant upload them now...

I wiped everything down and started the car and after about five minutes the dripping started

Been doing alot of reseach all day. Still dont know what it is. Possiblities: oil pump gasket, oil pump/crankshaft seal.
Powerstearing fluid and brake master fluid are good. Drip is around ac compressor, left of timing belt.

Anybody have this problem before. Please help. Its been two days I wanna fix this asap before I leave town this weekend

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
The leak is dripping from the oil pan area. Driver side, front of engine not the back

Been doing alot of reseach all day. Still dont know what it is. Possiblities: oil pump gasket, oil pump/crankshaft seal.
without pictures, I think you answered your own question.

only things that can really leak oil on the left side of the motor are the Oil pump or the headgasket. you'd see if it was the headgasket, and realistically its probably not going to leak out the side of the motor if that was the cause anyways.

built_ls

if the head gasket was leaking would it leave a puddle

Cman46290

are you sure its oil? Do you have to keep adding oil like crazy? reason i ask... is my power steering pump has been leaking... i thought it was just the top line... (which was leaking) but its still been leaking after fixing that... i saw underneath the power steering pump the other day looked like it was leaking itself... may need to replace it...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
take out the ecu fuse, unplug the dizzy and start cranking the motor to see where it comes from. most possibilities are:
main seal
oil pan
oil pump
cracked head
warped head
untorqued head
head gasket
backwards head gasket

options to the top of my list are more plausable since your car was working befiore

built_ls

Its at the shop right now. its too hot outside for me to be messing with the car now. He will be fixing the following: Cam seal, Oil pan/oil pan gasket.

Parts and labor: $150.

Good deal?

mirrorimg

Sounds like a good price for the oil pan gasket, as you need to take off the exhaust manifold to get it off, so it takes a little while.

Are they also giving you an oil change as they need to drain it to take the pan off?

I would have done some more investigating before you jumped on that. Hopefully whats being done fixes the problem.

96GSRteg

Tyler
i woulda done both myself, but i'd say thats a good price. the cam seal wouldnt cause that much oil loss, but its pretty common for them to go bad.

built_ls

Yeah the cam seal is another seperate leak. I wiped the engine off real good last night and fresh oil dripped down from it when I drove it thi morning.

The price includes new oil. I would have done it myself but I have virtually no tools. All I have is like a couple of screw drivers and a hammer; pair that up with limited car knowledge.

Me n my family has been going to this mechanic for about four years, and have brought him alot of business. Because of the business we bring him, he gives us good prices and he even gave my dad free body work and painted his whole car free after his accident.

So I trust this guy, and if something isnt done right the first time he will fix it for no charge.

built_ls

*UPDATE*

Jusy woke up from my nap at 6:45. The mechanic called my dad a says thay they are multiple leaks. Idk where... But anyway the car wont be ready until tomorrow.

Imma use my dad's car to go to work tonight

built_ls

*UPDATE*

Jusy woke up from my nap at 6:45. The mechanic called my dad a says thay they are multiple leaks. Idk where... But anyway the car wont be ready until tomorrow.

Imma use my dad's car to go to work tonight

crash.1340

I have the exact same leak, but mine is somewhat more puzzling. Whether the car is running or not makes no difference in the leak, but after i've been driving for awhile,and am at a stop light or sign, I can smell some oil burning like it's dripping onto the exhaust somewhere.