Mendoza's build thread!

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Any g3 2dr will prob bolt up however it appears there might be differences. I see different part number for the older 94 gsr, 00 gsr and 00 type r. I cant provide an answer beyond the part numbers being different. Might have to search for a part number stamp on the arm.

mendoza

Thanks for the info nebesisCBR! Will be looking for them when i get a chance, but im in luck! My cousin kows a guy that works in a large junkyard in michigan and he said that another ITR is in the lot, hopfully i can take the suspention out of it! :)

Anyone want some parts while im at it?! It has no motor.

As far as the drop goes im planning of getting some coils or Kony yellow struts w/ coil sleeves to make the car a little lower but will also give me a better ride and will allow me to bring it up in the winter, if i emd up using it in the winter! And hopefully it'll all be done at the same time!

mendoza

so i went to the tire shop and they told me i had to change the trailing arm and the upper and lower LCA. Now ive been researching and the lca wont be a problem because i can just get aftermarket ones for regular 4 lug integras.

so now on to the trailing arm, ive seen on 6thgenaccord.com a guy go from a 4 lug to a 5 lug by just changing the hub bearing/assembly. can i just get a trailing arm from another integra and switch my hub bearing/assembly into it?

mendoza

Been doing some research on changing the spindle/hub assembly from a 4-lug rear trailing arm and i came across some interesting comments.

The following quote was taken from Honda-Tech < click it to see the full thread

It's actually very simple.

The CR-V uses Civic spindle with a 36mm hub. The same 36mm hub found on JDM ITRs. So you'll need axles. Either hybrid in some prelude/accord outer CV cups, or buy 36mm JDM ITR axles, or I believe that BB6 prelude axles will work straight up. I had a prelude apart in my garage. The axles are the same length as B series axles. They just have a 36mm hub. I believe someone else has confirmed this to work.

The rear brakes from the CR-V are useless for the civic/integra. They're drums anyway.

You can use your EXISTING trailing arms. The ones that are currently on your car. Trailing arms from 88-00 civics and 91-01 integras are ALL THE SAME design.

You need ITR 5 lug rear hubs. They bolt into the trailing arms. Obviously, you'll need rotors, calpiers, brackets, wheel bearings, and pads. And wheels.

Or just buy ITR rear trailing arms complete with hubs/brakes.

There goes your savings versus buying some from a supplier for like $800-1000+. That's why a lot of people don't do this. A CTR 32mm 5 lug full conversion with 5 lug wheels is around $1500 or so from a retailer, IIRC. Ends up being more convenient, albeit maybe SLIGHTLY more expensive...but not much more.

The 5mm offset difference is something completely unrelated. The reason ITR wheels have a +50 offset vs. a +45 offset is because the 5 lug hubs push out 5mm further. The wheels suck in 5mm extra to make up for the hub pushing out. It's all a wash.

**If you use the CRV or civic spindle on an integra or 92-95 civics, you will need an alignment BADLY. The tie rod mounting locations are different.
Based on this comment, i have everything that's needed as its already a 5-lug, right?

Then i came across this comment:

The following comment was take from k20a.org <- click it to see the full thread
some say you can fit the rear ITR hub on the non-ITR integra trailing arm spindle if you use an axle nut from a mazda 626, but there's no room for a washer and "if the bearing were to seize, the nut would just spin itself off and your wheel would come flying off"
Now this worries me, i dont want my wheel to fly off :nono:

My other alternative is to buy the left rear trailing arm... which only costs $285.00 :twisted::shocked2:
http://www.autodynamics-honda.com/hostretrarma.html

Has anyone ever done something like this? or know of anyone that has? just looking for some help.

& lastly, no comments on the pics? :lame

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Sounds like a lot of trouble (so much i didnt read the details) to figure out a way around just buying the right part. Something like that id get what works properly and not concern myself with it. Are your lca's bent? Hmotors sells typer lca for like $50.

mendoza

The LCA's dont appear to be bent. just got back from a co-worker shop and we took that it apart! the trailing arm is bent, so we are going to do a swap and hopefully everything works out.

mendoza

Quick update on my car. Some guy on my local forum was selling these headlights and i picked them up for $100. They looks souch better!

Next mod will be speackers and subs

mendoza

Supp CI!!!

so ive been checking the forum on my iphone but i dont post much...

Here is a quick update on my car:
I bought some 12" kickers from my best friend & installed them. They are supper loud! i need to get the bass control knob to turn it down more as the setttings are all the way down and it still hits harder then i would like it too,

I dont really know what the subs are called but they are kickers, the box is ported, and the amp is an infinity amp, dont know the specs ether.

Pics:

Also adding to the new headlights that i got, here is another pictures. The fogyness is all good and it looks clear. The old headlight i gave to my friend and he took them apart to retrofit his accord...

& here is a shot of my car with the new headlights:

Another cool mod that i did was take off the red LED lights on the front and swap it for an IKEA LED Strips... sounds crazy but i love how it looks and i can change the color...

I had to buy a converter for the strips to plug in since they use a regular wall plug. then i ran the wires under the shift box. pulled the control to the drivers side and taped it down. since it has 4 led strip, i put one at each corner.

it looks like this:

The kit allows you to change it to different colors or just leave it at one color, here is a video of how it looks at night: ( idk how to upload a video from photobucket but here is the link)

http://s802.photobucket.com/albums/yy307/08mendoza/?action=view&current=e52fcd2d.mp4

i decided to plastidip my wheels white. but im going to try to paint one spoke red, so its going to look something like this but with white and red combo... will be uploading pictures as soon as i do it!!!

& lastly here is a shot my friernd took while we were going to ann arbor!!

Last edited: