mitsubishi VTEC?

tcfridaydawg

i got the new road and track, which has an article on the new 2006 eclipse, and on the engine it says MIVEC which was explained in the artice as standing for Mitsubishi Innovative Variable Timing and Lift Electronic Control. which does the same thing as vtec, so now hondas/acuras wont be the only cars to have that edge :shock: :shock: :(

PogKai

B20VTEC
old news, now almost every car has them, mivec, vvti, zetec, ecotec, ctv, the list goes on.

PogKai

B20VTEC
na man.. anyways they are some mitsu cars with mivec in the market like the lancer ralliart and outlander.

DownShift96GSR

Black94LS said:
yeah, but Vtec is the OG in variable valve timing.
For real. Its funny when I hear people who have the other cars say that they have VTEC. They're all "I got VTEC too!!" Then I have to slap em and say, "No you don't you moron! You have VVTI, ZETEC, etc., you don't have VTEC, only the cool people who drive HONDAS got the OG in the business."

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
thats right hondar was the pioneer of variable valve timing. it is THE best and always will be, and I dont just say that because I drive a honda. i dont even have VTEC currently.... oh and add VVT-i to that list you had going there.

aspec

doesn't matter what the new eclipse has, it still looks like shit. i never thought it could get worse after the 00-05 models. Well, leave it to mitsu to prove me wrong. God i loved my 99 GSX... the eclipse name is tainted to me now...

novtec1

Black94LS said:
yeah, but Vtec is the OG in variable valve timing.

in actually BMW had varabile valve timing a long time ago it was called vanos, and mitsubishi's mivec has been around since the early 90's too.