mitsubishi VTEC?

novtec1

vtec is just been overglorified that why nobody cares anymore.... honda just made it famous they didn't start it though... and mitsubishi's mivec was out before the b17a in the DA GSR and the 3.0 in the NSX.

novtec1

Tronic909 said:
To hell with all that wannabe mivec.... Honda's "VTEC" is where its at!
ok so whats the big hype about vtec??? maybe in all my years working on car i missed something... lets see my evo doesn't have vtec, neither does my wrx or does a SRT 4 and they are all fast....so my question is how is VTEC "WHERE ITS AT"?

and how is mivec wanna be it was before vtec???

Last edited:

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
damn all this VTEC hatred among Honda owners. as far as variable valve timing goes, VTEC reigns and is known for it is what "where its at" most likely meant. VTEC is great for N/A, but yeah there hella cars that are fast without it. its not neccessary but it helps. nobody said just because your car doesnt have VTEC it is slow. besides, everyone knows Boost is better. :roll:

novtec1

no hate.. i just think its waaaayyyyy over rated have since i've been a hona owner. but thats just me. i feel to me IMO.. you can get more from a non-vtec motor but thats just me.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Todd said:
even daewoo had d-tec :lol:
Just read an article on DTEC, turns out its a new honda engine.

The 2.2-Liter i-CTDi diesel engine. Its an amazing engine, they had them in two accords at a high speed test oval at 130 mph for over 24 hours. Then drove the cars home getting 92 mpg, that shits insane.

DownShift96GSR

novtec1 said:
ok so whats the big hype about vtec??? maybe in all my years working on car i missed something... lets see my evo doesn't have vtec, neither does my wrx or does a SRT 4 and they are all fast....so my question is how is VTEC "WHERE ITS AT"?

and how is mivec wanna be it was before vtec???
Ok there buddy, look at what you jus said. Evo, WRX, SRT-4 they don't have VTEC and they're fast. WTF are you thinking. if you haven't noticed yet, i'm gonna let you in a lil secret about your cars as opposed to us VTEC kids.......Ready for this one, THEY'RE TRUBO'D!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!! There is an EVO out there running 10's which is hella fast, but oh wait, SKUNK2 has an ALL-MOTOR RSX running 9's, granted its i-VTEC, but its still VTEC none the less. And oh wait, TODA has an all motor hatch, running 9's. Slap yourself for that stupid comment.

novtec1

DownShift96GSR said:
Ok there buddy, look at what you jus said. Evo, WRX, SRT-4 they don't have VTEC and they're fast. WTF are you thinking. if you haven't noticed yet, i'm gonna let you in a lil secret about your cars as opposed to us VTEC kids.......Ready for this one, THEY'RE TRUBO'D!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!! There is an EVO out there running 10's which is hella fast, but oh wait, SKUNK2 has an ALL-MOTOR RSX running 9's, granted its i-VTEC, but its still VTEC none the less. And oh wait, TODA has an all motor hatch, running 9's. Slap yourself for that stupid comment.

ok.. i guess people can have a sensiable conversation here :cry: figures anyway...

i know they are all turboed.. now out of all the honda's you mentioned.. how many of them are daily drivers????

never said there was anything wrong with vtec.. i just said it was overhyped and honda wasn't the first to have it.. (which is what we were talking about)

my comments we not "stupid" but ment to prove a point.. maybe i did used the wrong cars... sorry but whats soo stupid about the statement?

now if you wanna compare drag car to strret car.. thats stupid they are two totally different classes.
not trying to start a war here but my only intent was to inform that honda was not the first to use VTEC... and IMO ...a LS block properly built can do the same as any vtec motor. thats it.

thank you.

oh and edit if it make you feel better the EVO will have mivec this year and so will a few other FI cars that will be hitting the market soon

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The goal of VTEC:
To combine fuel efficiency and greater HP output from a small displacement engine, that's about it.

I agree VTEC is overhyped, mostly by people who don't know what it VTEC is, and also by haters who just want to trash it and they by the guys who want to defend it when neither know exactly what it is.

A variable valve timing engine was attempted by GM back in the 60's, but they couldn't make it work reliably. Honda was the first to offer a variable valve timing engine to the public in a mass produced car. First in the NSX, and then in the 1992 GSR.

VTEC is what it is, it's a good thing to have, I'm glad I have it rather than not, my favorite color is blue and the Yankees suck. Life goes on...