Most recent picture of your car!

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
^ouch dude... uh ur ballast is... yea... let me get that for you. Were you drunk? Made a poor mistake? Or asian? Im gonna rule out granny or gramps here. Hope all is good!

R13, thanks dude.

Goofy, i wash my car like every week. lol Give me your damn paint! I saw the shiniest paint ever at eibach and it was a black g3. Ill post the picture later but it just doesnt show how glossy it really was. Hey your lip doesnt look right. Its too high up in the front making the body line of the lip angle upwards. Inspecting the picture as carefully as possible it doesnt appear that the backside is mounted too low but maybe thats part of it however it looks more like the front is just up too much for whatever reason.

Ryann, lol go follow up on your own header thread. You prob live 5 min from eibach at irwindale. Didnt go though huh?

Last edited:

b20vtec MFer

^ouch dude... uh ur ballast is... yea... let me get that for you. Were you drunk? Made a poor mistake? Or asian? Im gonna rule out granny or gramps here. Hope all is good!
actually it wasn't my fault at all >.< I'm just lucky to be walking cause i wasn't wearing seatbelt at that particular moment. lets put it this way.. the adjuster said it looked like the average speed was 35 for the collision...and i was going 20.
but yeah the front license plate imploded or something lol its MIA

goofygamer

Goofy, i wash my car like every week. lol Give me your damn paint! I saw the shiniest paint ever at eibach and it was a black g3. Ill post the picture later but it just doesnt show how glossy it really was. Hey your lip doesnt look right. Its too high up in the front making the body line of the lip angle upwards. Inspecting the picture as carefully as possible it doesnt appear that the backside is mounted too low but maybe thats part of it however it looks more like the front is just up too much for whatever reason.
I haven't washed mine in a week, but it felt like months. Yeah, I didn't get a chance to drill new holes before I brought it to the paint shop. The front bumper is actually from a friends car. He got a jdm front so I asked to switch his usdm one since his didn't flare at the ends. He used to have the "type r style" lip on there, so when the paint shop installed my comptech one, the mounthing holes were off. I just need to redrill it lol.

whitedc4

i like this one like x232423094203948 million

i have a question... is your front lip on right? i mean to ask you a lot but i never get to because i forget... like it looks like its up to high in the front and too far down on the sides?

goofygamer

i like this one like x232423094203948 million

i have a question... is your front lip on right? i mean to ask you a lot but i never get to because i forget... like it looks like its up to high in the front and too far down on the sides?
The front is fine, but the sides are low because its my friend's old bumper and he had the ugly "type r style" lip on there. I just need to drill new holes for the comptech lip.

whitedc4

ooooooooooooooooooh. ok not trying to be rude i was just asking.. like i said i keep meaning to ask you but instead i just browse on

goofygamer

Haha not rude at all, Rach. My friends are barely starting to notice it themselves. Lets see if I'll have time to fix it this week.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
When i look at the pictures it looks more like the middle is somehow mounted higher. Im not sure how the mounting holes would affect this because there isnt much mounting area on the aftermarket lip. If the rear mounting s off then its very likely that the angle is throwing that off a lot in my judgement..

lol that we both mentioned it today... i would have said something sooner but i never noticed it til now. Im picky about these things. Even after i mounted my oem lip i scrutinized photo comparisons because i thought it would sit flat but when mounted the bolts hold the lip up a little so that its slightly floating off the bumper but u cant tell, unless ur me.

Oh and if the paint shop mounted it they must have tried to use the stock location where the fender liner screws into the bumper. This is definately not the right place but you could use it if drilled in the right spot. I used the spot above the one screw we have to mount it similar to oem.

Last edited:

goofygamer

Oh and if the paint shop mounted it they must have tried to use the stock location where the fender liner screws into the bumper. This is definately not the right place but you could use it if drilled in the right spot. I used the spot above the one screw we have to mount it similar to oem.
It's not the problem with the lip. It's more with the mounting holes on the bumper, itself. They just used the holes that was previously there, which caused them to bend the sides of the lip down so it could fit the holes. All I need to do is unscrew the lip, set it leveled to the middle, then drill into the bumper and screw the lip back in. Damn, I'm going to go charge my drill now...

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
You mean redrill a new hole into the bumper? Should work fine. My preference was to use the stock mounting points so i drilled a hole in the lip nearest where it should be mounted on the upper hole to match it as best i could. I left the lower one where our stock screw is. Was going to use both but decided one was good enough for the aftermarket lip. My oem is mounted like stock with both holes.