Muckman’s High Compression Super Build

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Piston slap comes from piston to wall clearance. The cold piston has more p2w clearance until it heats up and expands. This allows the piston to rock on the wrist pin creating a knocking sound on cold starts. This is one of the compromises of using forged pistons and building a motor designed for lots of heat (power).

I've never heard audible piston slap on any of my engines before so I wouldn't expect it here. I plan on using the same p2w as last year .0040~.0045". The only slap I'm worried about is the piston slapping the head.

Nick_C78

The only slap I'm worried about is the piston slapping the head.
Hahaha best quote I about building motors I've heard in a while.

I have never personally heard piston slap on a honda before. Hell, the first motor I ever built was overbored by 0.25mm(yes a while ten too much) by the machine shop, because he was retarded, and even then I didn't get piston slap. It smoked like a locomotive, but didn't slap. The lesson there is to check your own clearances, because they can and will lie to you.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
This guy needs to get his turbo and cooling system made into a bolt on kit.

Id buy it.

Groupbuy anyone?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Everything else needed to properly use that turbo costs more than either one of our complete cars.

I was being sarcastic but whatever.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
I'm curious as to the exact goal. I get the high response high compression thing, but is there a specific number at X rpm or are you just going to strap it to a dyno and let er' eat?

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
I believe his goal is the same if not more power at lower psi.

I think he's trying to reduce lag for responsiveness.