Muckman’s High Compression Super Build

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I wouldn't recommend my turbo manifold to anybody. It required too many customizations for everything to fit. That would make it a horrible kit manifold. The reason I decided to use this manifold was for wastegate priority and uniqueness. And when I was trying to hold more boost I wished that I had less wastegate priority.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx - Id like to make 600 corrected HP. Most sane people would argue that 597hp is close enough, and it is, but it wasn't reliable due to the internal issues I had back in 2012. I've always said to my friends that I would be happy with anything as long as it was reliable and I could actually enjoy the car.

Nick_C78

It always makes me laugh at the people like you and I who put reliability over power are the ones with reliability issues. Meanwhile other people slap shit together and it works fine forever...

Nick_C78

So far my golden eagle block is holding up nicely. Been reved to 10k a few times...on accident, but yeah. If that helps ease your mind.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I never had any problem with my golden eagle block either. I machined the tolerances on the loose side but when it was warmed up it was t*** on.

The other golden eagle block I had boosted survived having a valve stuck open, blowing a piston apart, and bending the rod. Cleaned up with a hone, checked alignment and tolerances, and it was back in use.

Last edited:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
It always makes me laugh at the people like you and I who put reliability over power are the ones with reliability issues. Meanwhile other people slap s*** together and it works fine forever...
I wouldn't say other people slap shit together, they just leave more room for error in their builds.

Since it's been brought up, I have a low comp GE bottom end I'm trying to get rid of if anyone is interested. K I'm done thread jacking.