My 96 DB7: The Quest For 200HP ALL MOTOR

96LSteg

Jemel
Update 2-10-13:

Replaced the bearings in my trans finally so that's all good now. I will have a surprise for you guys in a couple weeks. I'm going to try and keep it a secret. But I promise you will like it :)

96LSteg

Jemel
Update 2-28-13:

This is quite an update (at least for me). Got some new OEM Del Sol Si wheels. I'm in the process of restoring them now. Here are a few teasers...

Before I started:

After sanding rash out and priming:

First coat of silver metallic:

First coat of clear:

Last edited:

Evidence Files

1995 α¢υяα ιηтєgяα ℓѕ
Steg, i have a 95 teggy ls (auto) and liked that header you installed and was thinking getting the same for my car do you need a new collector to install the header or does it fit oe direct bolt style? Because i was reading and the 4-1 header from Yonaka says "This header will not bolt up to your stock exhaust with it's 2.5" collector" Do i need to buy a seperate part to get a correct fit?

Last edited:

96LSteg

Jemel
How's the Truhart Strut/Eiback Sportline spring riding? Pretty good?
They are awesome dude. I love them. For a budget suspension they are great. Hopefully soon I will be pairing them with GCs so I can have some height adjustability. Right now I have Eibach sport line springs so its one height all the time.

96LSteg

Jemel
Update 6/13:

So I've been trying to diagnose my oil consumption issue and I've conducted a compression test. Here's what I got:

1-180 2-130 3-170 4-160

I'm thinking that my variance in compression between each cylinder shows that its about time for them to be replaced and cylinder #2 is my problem child. I know this isn't a permanent solution to the problem, but to hold me over until I can rebuild I will run a heavier oil and see where that gets me.

R13

The other asshole
Why is #2 always the lowest, Third car this week I've seen where #2 is low, lol

Make sure it isn't your valves.

96LSteg

Jemel
They've been adjusted. I would like to do a leakdown test but I don't have the proper tools. At some point I plan to do a complete overhaul on the motor to restore it to its glory following the list in the OP.

R13

The other asshole
Nice!

My exhaust valve's burned out, If you have an air compressor hook it up to the compression tester hose and listen for air.

96LSteg

Jemel
And isn't it if the air comes out of the IM the its the intake valves and visa versa for the exhaust valves?

R13

The other asshole
Yep, Place cylinder to be tested at TDC, Remove schrader valve from hose, Hook up & listen for air at the tail pipe, Open the throttle body and listen and open oil cap on the vc and listen.