My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I take the sleeving part back, I don't want to build a race car. Just a fun, reliable, DD. I'm going to look into the Cylinder Support System :mrgreen:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Okay, after a little bit of time on researching the parts I want for my turbo build, this is my rough draft list :lol:

Engine Block
-B18c1 Engine (Going to go down the Cylinder Support System path)
-ARP connecting rod bolts and Head studs
-Eagle H beam connecting rods
-Wiesco Sport pistons (low comp)
-ACL bearings
-OEM Piston rings

Cylinder Head
-Skunk2 Pro 2 camshafts
-Skunk2 valve train (springs/retainers/valves)

Fuel
-440cc/min fuel injectors (brand still undecided but I won't be a cheap bastard about it lol)
-AEM fuel rail
-Walbro 255 fuel pump

Induction
-Skunk2 Intake manifold
-Skunk2 70mm Intake manifold

Exhaust
-B-series AC compatible turbo exhaust manifold from Inline pro (they are a local shop near me)

Going to go with the same old NGK spark plugs

I know I am missing the MOST important part, the turbo. I am still doing my research on which one I should go with, I'm thinking about getting myself a Mitsubishi Eclipse stock turbo but that's just one of my options. This is just my ROUGH DRAFT so please don't roast me yet :scurred:
Feel free to correct my ass or make some suggestion, could really use them because this is my first time I ever got serious with forced induction (obviously)

Nick_C78

I am going to tell you some of the best advice I was ever given for motors. Build around the head. Good headwork can go a long way. The block just needs to be reliable. Obviously there is no replacement for displacement, but build around good head work. You will need the head reworked if you are doing valves. They aren't a drop in and go item. So find someone who knows what they are doing and spend a little extra. You won't regret it.

Think about it. Everything has to go through the head; fuel, air, even exhaust. People always focus on the block and how to get power out of the block...realistically the block just has to hang.

Oh and you might want to stick to the piston rings the manufacturer suggests. I know arias uses a different style to fit their ring glands. Make sure the OEM ones fit. However, pistons usually come with rings, so why did you say OEM?

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Because I'm a dumbass :lol:
I realized that after I posted it.

I like taking shit apart so I was thinking of sending off the head to get it worked on for much better air flow and what not. I honestly think that this build will take about 1 or 2 year since its going to go really slow and I'm going off to college in the next upcoming years.
To make this build come true, I'm going to make a budget and stick to it, possibly even drop my social life :mrgreen:.
Every two paychecks goes to buying a part needed and the rest for my necessities.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Nick_C78

Ahh yes...a budget. I used to have one of those. lol Goodluck with sticking to it. There will always be the "Might as well since I am already doing...." changes to your list.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Yes, I have to have a budget especially since I don't have a career yet. Thanks though :lol:
Oh, there will be definitely a lot of those throughout this build process.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd

Started installing the cam gears today but we ran out of time so we postponed it till Friday. Installed the new battery tie-down I ordered, the new distributor, and also a new spark plug cover.
Hopefully the engine doesn't leak oil anymore since the distributor is held in place by all 3 bolts., drove the car and engaged VTEC twice and then checked the spot were it would leak, it still looked clean from where I left it.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Those cams might be too big for a turbo build. A buddy of mine would have made more power on his FI build with a stage 1 cam or stock rather than a stage 2 crower.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Lol chillout, the cam cap was broken so we had to find another way to keep it on :rolf:
I was so confused for a sec when I saw the "two fiddy" part, I forgot I was talking about a turbo build on this thread since I haven't been here a while.
Well it was just a rough draft on what my build would consist of. I needed to do much more research on the build before making the final draft. 250HP is just what I really want for now but I know I will want to eventually turn it up a bit more that's why the parts I'm choosing are expensive for more reliability :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Well you're only going so far without sleeving, and your current list is a little overkill for anything below the point of needing sleeves.

rgw_teg

Nice ride bro, are you planning on staying same color or something new?
Also are you lowered or stock height?

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Nice ride bro, are you planning on staying same color or something new?

Also are you lowered or stock height?

It's stock height. I was about to lower it but then something called winter came :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Got them installed, wish the cam bolts weren't different colors. It took a little longer than it should have because we had to take apart the cam caps and all that shit but I managed to finish it in my two period auto tech class. Belt is still making a supercharger noise so I assume it's the tensioner that's going bad. The only thing we couldn't do was reinstall the A/C belt but it wasn't that important so I'll do it on tuesday when I'm in a heated garage and I'll do a compression test to see if I didn't fuck up any valves :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g