My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Hmm, has anybody had any experience with test pipes? I really want to try it out since my car sounded amazing that one day when I had to drive around without a resonator or muffler. The only thing I'm really concerned about is the cops :roll:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
This guys is selling me one for $70, Blox test pipe. I just wanted to see how much louder it will be and how much power can it make.
The way my car is setup right now, I can't pass emissions either way :rolf:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Nick_C78

Power is a hard thing to estimate. Depends on the whole build and if the exhaust has bottlenecks. It isnt enough to "feel" though but idk maybe 5 hp? Untuned its a guess.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I assumed the same thing. Debris getting into the timing belt and screwing it up. I've been looking for a new valve cover but I want one with the paint still on.
Shit, 5HP isn't too bad for a $70 test pipe. My car has a 96 Engine and I never seen a secondary oxygen sensor, it is also OBD1 so I don't have to worry about a CEL. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

R13

The other asshole
You could be a baller and buy a BNIB red jdm itr valve cover, ICB has them on sale for $270.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
You lose torque with a test pipe.

Can I get an explanation on how that works? Not being a douche, just really want to know :mrgreen:

You could be a baller and buy a BNIB red jdm itr valve cover, ICB has them on sale for $270.

Although they do look really good, I'd rather find a cheaper one because HRubss is not a baller :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast

Started installing the cam gears today but we ran out of time so we postponed it till Friday. Installed the new battery tie-down I ordered, the new distributor, and also a new spark plug cover.
Hopefully the engine doesn't leak oil anymore since the distributor is held in place by all 3 bolts., drove the car and engaged VTEC twice and then checked the spot were it would leak, it still looked clean from where I left it.

Sent from my iPhone 2g
Very clean :D

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Thanks you.
As for the tuning part, I was just going to buy another chip off of Phearable, loving their services.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Focus on your exhaust manifold. Cheap ones bottleneck your flow and cause power loss. The catback doesnt need to be huge but sized correctly for your power goals.