My 97 GS so far

phatintegra

Banned
yeah, there is chrome housing headlights, gunmetal, and gunmetal with HID.

And yes, it is gunmetal, not black. I have never seen the "black" ones. I see debates online, where people say there is black, silver and gunmetal/titanium. I have never seen the black. I have seen people say they have black but its the gunmetal ones. lol
Gunmetel is ITR w/HID, chrome is SIR-G (never had HID) thought black is ITR non HID?

You will need a Gen2 hood latch cable since its a few inches longer. Make sure it comes with bumper support and you will need a switch for the inner fogs

Last edited:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Okay so I cleaned up the engine with some Gunk engine degreaser for oil build up and it left the engine pretty clean, I put in some oil dye and found where the main leak was coming from and I was right all along. The leak was coming from the oil pan, I will be replacing the gasket this Friday, I will be keeping a close eye on my oil levels between tomorrow and Friday.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Now that my car is starting to look much better from the Interior and exterior, I am going to buy an alarm system for it tomorrow. I researched a bit and came to the conclusion that Viper is the way to go, I'll have it professionally installed since they can do it much faster than me and I hate electrical shit :lol:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I've been doing some research over the JDM front install and I think I want to go with the T-bar method instead of removing the entire radiator support. Any cons with doing this method? I've heard different opinions towards both methods, including how you can't jack the car from the front if I remove the entire support..

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you can jack up the car from the front if you do the entire support if you do it right.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Meh, the T-bar seems quicker and less of a hassle instead of drilling ALL the spot welds

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Nick_C78

Gunmetel is ITR w/HID, chrome is SIR-G (never had HID) thought black is ITR non HID?

You will need a Gen2 hood latch cable since its a few inches longer. Make sure it comes with bumper support and you will need a switch for the inner fogs
No, Non HID ITR is still gunmetal. It isn't black at all. lol

It should come with everything, but make sure. A lot of places forget to give you certain parts...such as the fender braces. Also he makes a good point about the hood latch cable. You will need a DA integra cable...which is now discontinued by honda so youll have to find a used one.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I'm going today to check it out and make sure all the parts are there and see if I need to buy anything else.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Nick_C78

Meh, the T-bar seems quicker and less of a hassle instead of drilling ALL the spot welds

Sent from my iPhone 2g
Actually it is harder to do it the t-bar way imo, especially when trying to align it correctly. So much measuring if you want it perfectly straight. I have seen many that did it the tbar way and it had alignment flaws. Doing the entire front allows you to use the bumper reinforcement bar bolts to make it perfectly square all around. Pics of this are in my build thread. Also, you can jack it up from the front. In fact, we welded the hell out of it so it is even stronger than before. Total time to do my front end was probably like 4 hours labor if I don't include painting time and the time it took to pick up my brothers welder...lol

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I'm on tapatalk so that link sends me to the first page :mrgreen:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
No, Non HID ITR is still gunmetal. It isn't black at all. lol

It should come with everything, but make sure. A lot of places forget to give you certain parts...such as the fender braces. Also he makes a good point about the hood latch cable. You will need a DA integra cable...which is now discontinued by honda so youll have to find a used one.
I thought you could use a civic one