My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
So next month I'm going to be doing a ton of things to my car since I'm going to be finished with my first year of college.
List of parts that I'm going to buy:
-Top1motors 98-01 USDM front Canards for aerodynamics Y0ooO!!
-Wilwood Front big brakes (Red)
-New rear speakers (mines blew out :roll:)
-98-01 USDM Optional replica lip

I'm going to be on the lookout for parts just in case I'm interest in anything :lol:

Edit: Well, the Bayson R lip. I don't like how my lip flares out.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Last time I checked bayson R isn't selling that lip anymore, I've contacted them multiple times throughout the years and they supposedly still don't have it in stock.

They were selling the cheapy flared style last I checked.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I would do ITR front calipers over the willwood. Willwood keeps the same size rotor iirc. Or go with a spoon twin block. Canards without a GT wing IMO will give you aero imbalance if you do anything with the car in terms of performance driving.

R13

The other asshole
I would do ITR front calipers over the willwood. Willwood keeps the same size rotor iirc. Or go with a spoon twin block. Canards without a GT wing IMO will give you aero imbalance if you do anything with the car in terms of performance driving.

He wants to be #Trackinspired

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd

The reason why I wanted the big brakes is because I love the immediate stop feeing; Are ITR's the same way? Aren't Spoon overpriced....?? How does the ITR wing affect the car in terms of aero? I've searched the question up before but it was a more of a crowdsourced answer. How would the canards give me an imbalance?

Last time I checked bayson R isn't selling that lip anymore, I've contacted them multiple times throughout the years and they supposedly still don't have it in stock.

They were selling the cheapy flared style last I checked.

I see them on ebay? It's Bayson R as well..
I actually do want to track my car one day-Can't do it now since #college and it's my DD.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
He wants to be #Trackinspired
hahahaha most people do

The reason why I wanted the big brakes is because I love the immediate stop feeing; Are ITR's the same way? Aren't Spoon overpriced....?? How does the ITR wing affect the car in terms of aero? I've searched the question up before but it was a more of a crowdsourced answer. How would the canards give me an imbalance?

ITR wing with lip reduce lift by 20% over stock according to honda. You will only feel that in straight line speed and maybe braking. I dont think it creates much down force or at least noticeable down force, because its a 2D wing that isnt in clean air. It just does a little to help the rear end when youre at top speed and braking. My car felt the same with it and without it. The gurney flap helps by creating drag which is essentially downforce - but all drag isnt good drag. Canards will give an impalance by adding more aero pieces in the front without adding the appropriate ammount in the back. With canards or a splitter and no wing youre essentially going to be pivoting the front end of the car on turn in creating more understeer,. Thats why you see everyone use both...not just one without the other. My buddies Miata has such a big wing he doesnt need to brake at thunderhill really but his car doesnt turn as it should because of the imbalance of aero, he has no front splitter.

You can get immediate stop with brake compound. Plain and simple. If you are on duralast pads going to an auto x pad like hawk HP+ with a high initial bite will help you stop your car fast. Track pads on a stock caliper will out brake a bbk with the pads the kit comes with. Spoon products arent overpriced, theyre fairly priced for what they are IMO. The diff and brakes are priced fair for what they do. I would do brake compound over calipers all day unless you want to look cool.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
ITR wing with lip reduce lift by 20% over stock according to honda. You will only feel that in straight line speed and maybe braking. I dont think it creates much down force or at least noticeable down force, because its a 2D wing that isnt in clean air. It just does a little to help the rear end when youre at top speed and braking. My car felt the same with it and without it. The gurney flap helps by creating drag which is essentially downforce - but all drag isnt good drag. Canards will give an impalance by adding more aero pieces in the front without adding the appropriate ammount in the back. With canards or a splitter and no wing youre essentially going to be pivoting the front end of the car on turn in creating more understeer,. Thats why you see everyone use both...not just one without the other. My buddies Miata has such a big wing he doesnt need to brake at thunderhill really but his car doesnt turn as it should because of the imbalance of aero, he has no front splitter.

You can get immediate stop with brake compound. Plain and simple. If you are on duralast pads going to an auto x pad like hawk HP+ with a high initial bite will help you stop your car fast. Track pads on a stock caliper will out brake a bbk with the pads the kit comes with. Spoon products arent overpriced, theyre fairly priced for what they are IMO. The diff and brakes are priced fair for what they do. I would do brake compound over calipers all day unless you want to look cool.
Well, looks like they were right to a some sort of degree. They did say that it reduces lift. I still like the canards with the front splitter look and I still I'll hold off on the functional spoiler until I actually start tracking. So ITR calipers with Hawk HP+ will be better than the wilwood bbk? I'll take your word on it since it does save me money. I'll have to go to the old JDM shop I use to go to lol.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Hm, guess I'll just stick to the Beyson R lip. So yes on the ITR calipers and the Hawk pads? :lol:
that will probably be fine. I run itr front with Project Mu pads. Its a really good set up.

You can look into this http://www.team-integra.net/forum/19-projects-diy-article-talk/209631-diy-no-bs-bolt-big-brakes-rs-gs-ls-gsr.html

Itr calipers
Mini cooper 280mm rotors
Tsx brake pads of choice

Its cheap and what i am doing
What a lot of people glance over when doing that set up is they put way too much front brake bias on the system. I lock up my rears a lot with this set up.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I was going to drop $400 on the BBK so I'm good with going with the ITR set up with Hawk pads. :mrgreen:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Alright, guess I'm going with the ITR calipers, mini rotors, and TSX hawk pads. Should I bother putting in hawk pads in the rear of my car?