My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
So far I don't smell any gas fumes, hopefully that line I replaced was the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I would get the Endlyn catch can and tap it to the freeze plugs at the back of the block.,The endlyn system has something which helps for street driving. I would not do anything to the head. I have my opinions on catching blow by at the head.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I would get the Endlyn catch can and tap it to the freeze plugs at the back of the block.,The endlyn system has something which helps for street driving. I would not do anything to the head. I have my opinions on catching blow by at the head.

I wanted to get an Endlyn system as well but it's out of my budget at the moment. I'm taking out the big allen bolts from the back of the block, I'm not messing with the cylinder head.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
back of the block will drain a fuck ton of oil into the catch can i believe.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
you kind of have no choice on an ls vtec lol. Lots of people swear going through the head works.

So just run one line to the catch can from the back of the block? Going through the cylinder head wouldn't make much sense if air is suppose to run in to the valve cover.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Catch can came in today, got to love Amazon prime. I'm installing it on Thursday. I just need a PCV line and a 3/8" NPT male fitting.

Edit: I think I'm going to do a drain back system, I don't mind changing my oil more frequently if this set-up is going to be stealing my oil.

Last edited:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Catchcan is installed but I have no space in my engine bay to mount it any where. Will be most likely looking for a battery relocation sometime soon. Used a 3/8" NPT barb fitting to suck in the oil vapors into the can and used a 1/2" NPT 90 degree fitting for the oil drain back.

Swerve

Shawn
Ok I'm ignorant to this, would freeze plugs only allow you into the cooling passages?