My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Ah okay good to know, how long did it take you also? An afternoon or so? Contemplating doing this and getting it painted matched in Voltage Blue, would be the cat's pajamas

Took me about 2 hours to remove the spot welds from the JDM front and it takes about the same amount of for the USDM front, would probably have been faster if I used spot weld drill bits. With the wiring and everything, it took me about an entire day (even while struggling to perfect the alignment of the rad support). This is why I suggest just a t-bar support, much quicker :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itzrivera

Check if the wires from the harness to the vss plug have any play in them in the plug. My speedo would come on when it felt like it. Got a code as well. Checked the harness and one of my wires would slip in and out of the plug, so I taped it down and haven't had an issue since

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Check if the wires from the harness to the vss plug have any play in them in the plug. My speedo would come on when it felt like it. Got a code as well. Checked the harness and one of my wires would slip in and out of the plug, so I taped it down and haven't had an issue since

I do feel some play from the wires, how did you tape them?

So I got sick of my resonator hitting my shift linkage and not allowing me to shift in to gears properly so I picked up a JDM ITR exhaust system for $175. Still in good condition :lol:

Last edited:

Ryan659

Might be a silly thing to check but when you connected the plug to the vss sensor did it fully click? When I was putting mine back together the little rubber grommet inside was preventing it from going all the way in. I had to play around for it to finally go in right and click to lock down

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Might be a silly thing to check but when you connected the plug to the vss sensor did it fully click? When I was putting mine back together the little rubber grommet inside was preventing it from going all the way in. I had to play around for it to finally go in right and click to lock down

It does click, I have a feeling that it's the connector. Doesn't hurt to cut and put in a new connector.

Installed my ITR exhaust, car is so much quieter that it's scary. Really notice power lag compared to my yonaka exhaust. Sometime soon I'm be looking for a new exhaust system, nothing cheap like yonaka :lol:

Updated: Speedo nor odo works but VTEC engages which is weird..

Last edited:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd

Forgot to snap a picture of it, VTEC crossover is still audible but not as loud as it was with my yonaka exhaust. Looking into getting a WS2 in the future.:mrgreen:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
ITR or not, why would you put a stock exhaust on anyway? :rolf:

My resonator kept hitting my shift linkage. It got so bad to the point that I would grind gears a little since the shifter wasn't completely in gear. Car still pulls like it normally did, maybe some minuscule power-loss or my loud exhaust made it seem like I was going fast. I like this new exhaust nevertheless :lol:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Went to the junkyard and scored some parts off of some Integra. Took a speed sensor connector, wire harness holder thingy, passenger side fender liner and a throttle cable holder since I lost mines long ago :lol:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Since I am looking in to getting an STI soon, I think it's time that I get a little more serious with my Integra. I've decided to do a K swap since my current engine is shit. K20A or a K24/20 swap since the extra .4l provides some form of torque fun. :mrgreen:
I like the vogue silver metallic on my car but black has always been a color I've always wanted so I'll be going with NHBP paint job. Now that I'll have another DD (which I won't even mod till later, I'll park my Integra and work on it (sanding it down for paint, cleaning the engine bay while the engine is out, sanding and paint the chassis). This next year(s) should be interesting :lol:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Sounds like a fun project. I hope the engine parts will be prepped as well. Rust on that cable bracket is an eye sore :shock: