My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
You're probably the only one updating your car and posting about it on here....lol

Are you staying the original silver or are you going to repaint the whole car?

Is that...good?
I would like it another color like black but the chassis would be a different color so I'll probably respray it :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R13

The other asshole
Is that...good?
I would like it another color like black but the chassis would be a different color so I'll probably respray it :lol:

You don't want black, trust me.

My truck is a garage queen and that motherfucker STILL doesn't stay clean for more than 5 miles...

Go dark metallic grey or something, it would blend with the silver chassis pretty decently.

SoundEfx

Sorry Ryan, but you keep your car in hiding too much for me to even remember what colour it is.....lol

Your sig makes your car look black and at a glance, the R makes people (me) think that you're R13.....lol
(There were a period of time where I thought Ryan and R13 were the same person)

HR, go dark gun metal grey.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Like this? Doesn't look too bad.

Got my switch and my fogs/daytime running wired up :lol:

R13

The other asshole
That's the basic idea yeah, though I like it a little darker with more metallic flake in it so it sparkles like a strippers tits. :lol:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I'll see if I want to do that :lol:
So, back to my speedometer not working. I pulled put my cluster and put up a circuit tester light up to the orange wire of my vss and it lights up dimly. Is it suppose to do that?

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Cleaned my headlights up a bit and my speedo started working again.. :lol:

That's not me in the picture^

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
My speedometer stopped working..again.. It spazzed out earlier today and then it kept working. It spazzed out again and then it stopped working..completely...
Here's the end results of my headlights, I'm going to redo then since I rushed through these ones.

Noneed2Hate

you should get a proper bracket for your license plate, having it zip tied ruins the jdm front look >_< :rolf:

btw, how difficult was it to install overall? Did you have to swap out the radiator or just the radiator support?

Last edited:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
you should get a proper bracket for your license plate, having it zip tied ruins the jdm front look >_< :rolf:

btw, how difficult was it to install overall? Did you have to swap out the radiator or just the radiator support?

Well the whole front end is a different color and misaligned so the zipties don't bother me as much...

The only problem I had with the swap was getting everything to align up correctly. We didn't mark where the original rad support met the fender so it made it much harder, especially since I went with the entire rad support. I kind of wish I went with just the T bar since it would have saved me from some headaches with the install. If you go with the entire JDM rad support, I highly recommend going with a new one instead of drilling the spot welds individually from the one that comes with the entire conversion because removing the chassis rails that was cut off will require you to bang it out which would also cause the rad support to twist and become misaligned. Either t-bar, new JDM rad support, or be VERY careful with removing the original rad support from the conversion. I swapped out my radiator with the JDM one since the JDM one was OEM and it looked much cleaner with the fans. I swapped condensers as well since mines was damaged. Wiring up the HID's/fogs is very easy. :lol:

Noneed2Hate

Well the whole front end is a different color and misaligned so the zipties don't bother me as much...

The only problem I had with the swap was getting everything to align up correctly. We didn't mark where the original rad support met the fender so it made it much harder, especially since I went with the entire rad support. I kind of wish I went with just the T bar since it would have saved me from some headaches with the install. If you go with the entire JDM rad support, I highly recommend going with a new one instead of drilling the spot welds individually from the one that comes with the entire conversion because removing the chassis rails that was cut off will require you to bang it out which would also cause the rad support to twist and become misaligned. Either t-bar, new JDM rad support, or be VERY careful with removing the original rad support from the conversion. I swapped out my radiator with the JDM one since the JDM one was OEM and it looked much cleaner with the fans. I swapped condensers as well since mines was damaged. Wiring up the HID's/fogs is very easy. :lol:

Ah okay good to know, how long did it take you also? An afternoon or so? Contemplating doing this and getting it painted matched in Voltage Blue, would be the cat's pajamas