My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I'm at a split decision. I'm thinking of buying a 12oz can of my cars paint and color matching my side along with buying a toponemotors side skirts like this civic.

OR Just buying a Bayson R replica Integra optional side skirt and paint matching it. If it were a genuine optional side skirt, I would go with that in a heartbeat.

EDIT; Browsing through the internet help.This isn't my car but it's almost identical and it's how my car would look if I were to get the optional side skirts, I'm kind of iffy about them because the replica's don't seem flush and parallel with the side of the car. I'm leaning more towards the topones sideskirts. What do you guys think? (I'm going to paint match my lip now especially after seeing how great it would look)

Here's how genuine optional's look. Notice how they seem flush with the car and don't flare in or out.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
I think Ganyon had a replica optional side skirt at one point and it fit like shit.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I think Ganyon had a replica optional side skirt at one point and it fit like s***.
I tried to check out his old thread but it was a cluster f*** of you guys chatting on there :lol:

Well I've decided to go with the topone's side skirts because hard-parking is life. Going to buy it later down the road so for now I will just paint match my lip and my sideskirts.

Last edited:

itzrivera

the optional side skirts and the rear valences flow so well hnnngggg

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Welp, I think I am finally going to bite the bullet and buy myself a JDM front. My buddy down at VA JDM motors is selling me his last JDM front, a white ITR front (HID w/ OEM lip) alongside the fenders and a silver hood for $700. I will install it myself, sand it down, maybe prime it, and then have it sprayed at a paint shop down the road. Luckily I have next week completely off from work so it will give me plenty of time to install it. I'm buying it this friday :lol:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Yet another issue with HRubss integra, my speedometer isnt working. For the past month I've been dealing with a bad distributor gasket cap that has been leaking a shit ton of oil. I've tried replacing the gasket and even putting hondabond around it but still no luck. I eventually just coughed up the $155 for a new distributor today and so far it fixed the leak. (I finally fixed all the oil leaks My engine had). But ever since the stupid oil leak was happening, my VSS was going crazy and I assumed it was from all the oil falling to the back of the trans. It stopped working before but I replaced it with another VSS I had laying around and that seemed to do the trick. Then that one started going haywire so I sprayed some electrical cleaner on it and that did the trick for a bit. Yesterday it completely shut off on me, the speedo wasn't working. It was throwing me codes yesterday (code 10? And code 17 for VSS) but now it isn't. Funny, bad speedo but no code.

Edit, well it was working for a sec. Spazzed out and then stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
So, dumb speedometer still isn't working and it's not because of the speed sensor. When I went over to the JDM shop, they let me borrow a speed sensor from one of their B18C motors. Still wasn't working when I tried it out. Going to have to test my connections some time next week. BUT, I have bought a JDM front. Came off of a DC1 Teg (judging from the plate on the frame) but it still comes with black/titanium housing HID headlights and an OEM ITR lip. I'm going to be doing what Nick and a couple other people did which is to remove the entire USDM radiator support and to mount on the entire JDM rad support. So far I've taken apart the JDM front and drilled out like a couple of spot welds.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Goes well with my car, grey and white after this front end is installed :lol:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Still having problems with my VSS and speedometer not working so I attempted to clean the connector and the sensor itself with an electrical connector cleaner and I even used some diaelectric grease. I switched over to my OEM speed sensor and gear mechanism, dabbed some diaelectric grease on the sensor and the part where the parts meet and tried it out. I ASSUMED it would work since the sensor made a noise when I manually spun the gear (like a clicking noise) but still no luck. I connected a multimeter to the connector, black to ground and power to the blue wire of the VSS connector and it read about 10-12v. Did the same with the other prong (that isnt ground) and it read around same area of volts (one was 12 and the other one was 10v but I don't remember which one), this all with the ignition on. I'm not sure if there is a short somewhere on the harness, the only loose wire(s) I know is the original oil pressure switch wire (wire because the connector was ripped off) and the original o2 sensor connector (disconnected so I can install an AEM wideband o2 sensor but they are zip-tied on to the harness. I do have some CV grease around the left side of my engine bay (stupid boot ripped) but idk if cv boot grease would cause a problem like this. I went up to the instrument panel and disconnected it to read the volts of the orange wire and it was 4.8-4.9v while the car was running. I tried on a different ECU and even different instrument panels and still nothing. Of course I don't know what these voltage readings mean because every thread that I read up on about VSS were never completed. The onAly other thing I recalled was having code 10 (IAT) pop up out of the blue with code 17 (VSS) but now it doesn't come one whenever the code 17 CEL comes on.*