My Battery Relocation

mirrorimg

its a DD not a track car. no inspections. and the little bit of fumes that are coming off that battery are not even close to how the smog pollution is lol. i know i should put it in a closed box and but it at least in the trunk but its whatever. my money is tied up paying house notes and other bills.
Little bit of fumes... Its in a sealed cabin you you may be sitting in for many hours. I believe the battery also emits some hydrogen, which is flammable. Either way, Its your lungs. You wouldnt catch me throwing a battery in there. You should have just taken a bunch of zipties to the battery in its stock location until you had the proper funds to install it correctly.

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
go to advance get ya some 0 gauge wire and some copper ends and attach it to the starter and the other wire that goes from the fuse block under the hood that hooks to the battery your gonna unwrap it so you can run it to the starter as well then you just run your big wire to where ever you place the battery and you can reuse your old ground wire and just ground it to a good chassic ground. like a big bolt.

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
Little bit of fumes... Its in a sealed cabin you you may be sitting in for many hours. I believe the battery also emits some hydrogen, which is flammable. Either way, Its your lungs. You wouldnt catch me throwing a battery in there. You should have just taken a bunch of zipties to the battery in its stock location until you had the proper funds to install it correctly.
a sealed cabin with both windows and sunroof open bro?

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
i say put it back under the hood or in the trunk when you get more funds, those sealed battery boxes are super huge, i relocated my battery on my 91 civic but just put it back because i didn't want to lose precious trunk space

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
i say put it back under the hood or in the trunk when you get more funds, those sealed battery boxes are super huge, i relocated my battery on my 91 civic but just put it back because i didn't want to lose precious trunk space
it will one day become a drag car so trunk space is the least of my worries. it will probally end up going where the rear seat is but just bolted down.

Teggykid952

I think it's fine for a temp thing. You say you leave the windows down so no harm there. Just hurry and get the proper equipment. Honestly if you're worried about a big battery, go buy a Deka battery, one of the small ones. We have one in the Civic and it works great and is super small

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
I think it's fine for a temp thing. You say you leave the windows down so no harm there. Just hurry and get the proper equipment. Honestly if you're worried about a big battery, go buy a Deka battery, one of the small ones. We have one in the Civic and it works great and is super small
Ive been rackin my brain tryin to remember what the name of that battery was called lol. +reps for you guy.:thumbs up

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
That's kinda how I figured it was going to look; seems more sketchy than it's worth. I feel ya for trying to make an upgrade for nothing, but it's a potential hazard for you and your passenger. I wouldn't really want my battery rubbing against my seats or anything.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Ive been rackin my brain tryin to remember what the name of that battery was called lol. +reps for you guy.:thumbs up
most likely your thinking of the Odyssey batteries and Pasword JDM has the relocation for a DA also

mirrorimg

a sealed cabin with both windows and sunroof open bro?
So you leave your windows open all of the time, BRO?

Im pretty sure normal people roll up their windows when they get out of their car, and keep their windows up when its raining, and turn the AC on when its hot.

Think about it next time you try to retort with "Ive got things that open that let air out!"