My car died today and is making this noise..

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
I dont have c5 money right now lol. But if i end up d.i.y.ing it i will covert it in the process as well. I just cant pay that much for a replacement swap. Not even including the engine.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
I dont have c5 money right now lol. But if i end up d.i.y.ing it i will covert it in the process as well. I just cant pay that much for a replacement swap. Not even including the engine.
Make sure without a doubt that it didn't mess up the top end because shops will tell you it needs a motor and charge you an outrageous amount when it could just need a belt. It dosent always mess up the top end

Brett1414

Yeah true, if it wont work with the new belt then ill just send it down to baltimore.. i got a quote for $500..so that will be my back up plan..

mirrorimg

You can do a leakdown test to see which cylinders have the problem. You put a cylinder at TDC then connect a tester to it thats attached to a air compressor and measure how much you're losing.

I would just pull the head now since you have been told that the belt broke and look at the head with it off. If you put a new belt on and try to run it, you may develop even more problems.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
1450 isn't a bad price to swap a motor and get it running. Damn mechanics have to put food on the table too you know.

Brett1414

True true, i personally cant afford to pay that plus a motor so i am towing it to baltimore at the end of the month since i foubd someone to do it cheaper.