My first teg/first car :) need help on choosing lowering springs

Esteban99ls

I just bought my first teg/car yesterday. It is a 99 coupe ls 5 speed manual all stock with 97,000 miles. I love the car :), but i want to lower it some. I've been looking at the Tein s tech springs and they are around 150$-200&. The reason im drawn to these is because they are at a good price and i can use them without changing anything else just a proper alignment. Im hoping that somebody can give me their opinion on them, maybe show me some pictures of theirs, and give me other lowering springs, that i do NOT have to change anything to add them. Thanks for reading and your time :) here are some pictures of my teg

I think i posted the pics right, but if it doesn't work you can look at my profile and i have a few pics of it there.

RonnieJ86

you can try www.jhpusa.com they have all kinds of stuff for hondas and they have coilovers and lowering springs on there that would be in your price range.

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
congratulations on the purchase and welcome to CI. nice, clean and stock teggy. pretty rare now and days to find one with that low mileage and that clean and stock.

Lowering springs are a nice addition, but remember that you will not be able to drop it any further if you decide you want to go lower in the future. many people prefer full coilovers, which provide that spirited daily driving entertainment.

JHPUSA, personally, charge far too much for everything. i got my Function&Form Type 1's from HiPowerMotorsports right here on CI for a pretty good deal.

Mitch, who goes by the member name noxus1 has some pretty good deals also. try giving him a PM.

Esteban99ls

Thanks man. Yea i understand the difference between coil-overs and lowering springs, i by no means want to slam my car i just want to give it a cleaner look by lowering some. I would prefer the coil-overs but there is a pretty big price difference from what i have seen, and money for a person still in high school is not that easy to come by. I think I will be happy with just a some good name brand lowering springs for now :).

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Welcome to the club! I had Tein S.Techs on my car. Not bad for a simple lowering spring, shocks didnt blow etc. Don't let lack of money get you down, there's many of us on here (me included) who have little income, just save up and do it right :thumbs up and thanks for doing some research!

Peeples

If there is one thing on your car you don't want to half ass is the suspension. It could be your life at stake if you don't do it right compared to a blown engine and just slowing down or losing control and wreaking badly.

But lowering springs are a great idea but I wouldnt go ebay on them.

Ive heard the tein springs are nice but get good advice from some other guys.

I have full suspension with: Skunk2 coilovers and KYB shocks (around $1000 brand new)

Love the way the car handles and also like that u can adjust the ride height how ever youd like but mine is set at its highest and i have no finger space :D

Esteban99ls

@Peeples yea i definitely will NOT be eBay shopping for anything like this, and once again the springs will only be temporary until i get some more money coming in.

TeggieG

I put tein s spec springs on a 95' Civic Hatch I had a few months ago, I considered it fairly close to a stock feeling ride besides big bumps and potholes. I paid $160 shipped for them brand new. I would recommend them to you if your going to be daily driving on semi-rough roads which is what I did, they weren't bad at all. :thumbs up

EDIT: I did break both rear lower shock mount bolts, seized in the bushing. I've heard its common with older honda/acura up north. Not saying it will happen, just giving a heads up

Last edited: