My first teg/first car :) need help on choosing lowering springs

Esteban99ls

Thanks :) and all i have been hearing about the Tein s techs' is good so far, so i think im going end up getting with them.
does anybody know where i can pic a NEW set up for a good price?

Esteban99ls

Yes from my understanding you can ride on stock struts with these. I will be getting these for christmas so id be happy to give you my review once I break them in properly.

96GSRteg

Tyler
Would those be fine on stock struts?
i would highly suggest getting new shocks put on at the same time. It will save you a LOT of time and money in the future if you're paying someone to put them on. Any time youre going lower than stock, it puts more stress on the shock over bumps and normal driving which will give it a higher failure rate. They arent designed to be paired with lowering springs. Thats just IMO. I think those tiens arent that low so you may be in the clear, its just still a good idea to get new shocks if you can afford it at the same time.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
The Eibach pro shocks are great aftermarket shocks if your still in the market, I'm using that with their pro-springs to, and it rides stiff but i love it, handles sooo good.

This is a great forum, you'll learn alot and meet some good friends along the way :)

Gattownteggy

Springs

Hey I bought Megan racing lowering springs for about 150 and they lowered me a good 2 inches settled, they work great and you don't have to change anything. They do lower your front slightly more than the back but they are smooth to ride on. I don't know much about the Tein but i'd recommend megan's if you got 16x45. That's what I have and they lowered it just where tire and fender meet. Hope this helped.

XJEEP99

Don't lower it too much like my friend back in high school. He high centered on speed bump and we were called out of class to help him push it over.... He has to come to a complete stop nearly when crossing railroad tracks and almost caused multiple wrecks and attention from police. Plus you are more likely to hydrolock, not really any point to doing this unless you want the underside of your car to look like s***(no offense) or if you are doing autocross. Plus in the event of a head on collision with(even another normal integra) their bumper will override yours and your crumple zones won't work how they are supposed to.... or it increases the likelyhood of death in a T-bone accident, because the strongest part of your car is the sill line(where the b pillar meets the floor panel) and no normal car out there is that low, so they will hit above that, crushing into the compartment as much as 2x further(even worse if SUV or truck hits you). Or it's more likely the Trucl/SUV will just go over you and their wheel will go straight where you are sitting and you will be crushed to death. How is this not all apparent to you ? I know multiple people who have lowered their cars and regretted it....

Hopefully this will give you a good visual example of the implications of lowering your car......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKtuRMJrsg&feature=player_embedded

Last edited: