My slammed car and speed bump HELP PIX INSIDE

mdan9193

Mdan
ive only ever scraped my shifter linkage,thats probably what your hearing.
How low are you? Do you have a pic?

I really think its my header..because I got down and looked under the car and it looks like the lowest metal object in the front of the car, next to that the oil pan..and always hear that clunk hitting the top of the speed bump from the front..

whitedc4

Yeah I really dont know of many personally who have hit their oil pan one person I was with hit his but u couldn't stick a finger between his lip and the ground. He hit it on a bump when he pulled over for a cop we didn't even know it had happened til we tried to leave.

Alvi84

I scrape my cat when I go over speed bumps. Next time you go over a speed bump, just stop on it and hop out and see what is touching. That's what I did. I thought I was clearing the speed bumps in my work parking garage since they are hard rubber and didn't make a scraping sound. Then for s***s and giggles I stopped when I was right on the speed bump, hopped out and looked under the car and my cat was resting right on the speed bump. Next time just hop out the car and look what is making contact. Easy enough...

And you can never go too low :p --- this is my buddies car clearance.... haha

Last edited:

grayghost

Good luck, clearance and lack of wheel well symetry are the reasons mine is still at stock height. Even then I have to take speed bumps at an angle to avoid dragging.

njhustler

I dont get why people drop their cars so low. Its funny watching people do crazy moves to go over a little pothole,1 inch driveway entrance or anything like that. Ive had friends rip off their oil pans on the highway and others destroy their header on raised manholes. Low to an extent is cool but if it makes you bounce around all crazy or makes your drive a pain in the ass well whats the point. IMHO functionality > looks.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I dont get why people drop their cars so low. Its funny watching people do crazy moves to go over a little pothole,1 inch driveway entrance or anything like that. Ive had friends rip off their oil pans on the highway and others destroy their header on raised manholes. Low to an extent is cool but if it makes you bounce around all crazy or makes your drive a pain in the ass well whats the point. IMHO functionality > looks.
Dedication. It's kind of a life style, for some at least.

mdan9193

Mdan
Bouncy around? LOL my ride now is so comfortable its better than stock and handles and takes turns like nothing. If im that comfortable and low, why not? Only bad thing is the ground clearance and even then as other people say there are ways around them.