Nathan's EE4

Keenooo

holy shit........ GL man, i love old school hondas.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
updates: clutchmasters piss poor manufacturing left me with a clutch who's spline was too small by several thousandths. Enough to not slip over my input shaft. So ifigured, oh well I do some filing. BUTTTTT they sent me the incorrect throwout bearing. Well at least I got a flywheel right. WRONG. ACT failed to mention to my sponsor that the flywheel is only compatible with a larger pressure plate that ACT sells.

Props to Mitch at qsrace.com (my sponsor) for getting on clutchmaster and ACT's A$$. He's doing a huge help by taking care of their mistakes so I can focus on getting the OEM replacement clutch that will be here monday in.

So I have to miss work and a class on monday so I can put my car back together.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Mitch is the man to have help you out! Hope everything gets resolved man

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
MoAR updates: replaced all three u joints today so the driveshaft is ready to go back in. The previous owner had velcro on the dash and a pillers for a sun screen and I removed those today. Also thought that my steering wheel had some deterioration on the bottom but turned out to be just some gunk that I scraped off with my knife and wiped clean. Also wiped my grams down real good to get the axle grease off. They really shine when theyre not dirty :D

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
So I got the stock clutch, got it installed, put the car back together, went to put the driveshaft back in and come to find out one of my mounting bolts was bung up and my uncle didnt have the metric die to clean it up so it is still out. good news is the car is back on the road :D

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
So I got the stock clutch, got it installed, put the car back together, went to put the driveshaft back in and come to find out one of my mounting bolts was bung up and my uncle didnt have the metric die to clean it up so it is still out. good news is the car is back on the road :D
still no awd? :(

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
I forgot all about that :( i didnt have data coverage where I was and I barely had cell service which is why I didnt text you back.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
so I accidently bought an OEM side view mirror block off plate thinking it was a pair but since the drivers side is so elusive, I'll just use the passenger side one I bought to make a set out of sheet metal. And why am I getting block off plates??? because I am going to get 70s celica fender mirrors and fashion them to fit my wagons fenders. 8)

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
so I accidently bought an OEM side view mirror block off plate thinking it was a pair but since the drivers side is so elusive, I'll just use the passenger side one I bought to make a set out of sheet metal. And why am I getting block off plates??? because I am going to get 70s celica fender mirrors and fashion them to fit my wagons fenders. 8)
It's gonna be sweet man!

Sent from my EVO with tapatalk.