Need advice on which mods

crazy_cali23

Im going to denver to buy my first teg, im lokking at a 90 DB1, 91 DA, and 92 DA. My plans are to lower it, 15 inch rims, paint, alarm, and engine mods. What would you guys suggest to go with for mods. I will post pics of car when I pick one up. Thank you.

What is your overall plans for the car???staying NA? going to buy or upgrade to VTEC??

First thing first.. give the car a complete tune up
NGK plugs
NGK wires
Fuel filter
Distributor cap
Distributor rotor
fix any leaks (oil pan or valve cover if there is any)
make sure there are no codes and if so fix those problems.

Then suspension, 15" wheels is HAWT, etc

crazy_cali23

I would like to get close to 200 hp if possible with engine mods, I thought about lsvtec or b16. Im hopping the car wont have any leaks or codes.

vtec is the way to go.. not sure if u will get to 200 wheel HP's with just simple bolt ons.. maybe with a tune, header back, cold air intake, cams then probably but not on a stock head and block.. I don't think so..

You may want to think about turbo.

94dc4

My name matches again lol
Which one have you decided on? The 92 DA will have 10 more HP stock than the other ones and it'll be more compatible with a few other things. If you're doing an engine swap then such things might not matter.

200 HP isn't possible on an LS with just bolt-ons, and you might get close with a B18c. Staying Naturally Aspirated with those will require engine mods and tuning. An LS-VTEC build will get you close, but boost will get you there the easiest. With boost, though, requires a lot more research and planning, and you'll wanna do it right to keep your engine.

Like Spooled said, tune it up first before you do anything.

heykosal

Angkorian
Turbocharger.

But if you want to stay NA then LS/V is a must. But like spooled said make sure you perform a complete tune-up/refreshening.

red.line

Tune up for sure, first thing I'm going to do on my Integra as soon as I'm actually ready to start driving it.
Definitely won't hit 200hp N/A on a B18A. Like everyone said, LS/VTEC or turbo, both will easily help you reach your goal.
Just figure out which one is for you.

crazy_cali23

I picked up a 90 gs DB1,the other cars I went to look at were sold when I got there. I took my car to the shop to get it checked out before I do anything. I will get some pics up of my car as soon as I can.

94dc4

My name matches again lol
I picked up a 90 gs DB1,the other cars I went to look at were sold when I got there. I took my car to the shop to get it checked out before I do anything. I will get some pics up of my car as soon as I can.
Props for gettin the sedan [even though that ended up bein your only choice, lol]. Enjoy and take care of it.

crazy_cali23

I took the car to the shop and all I had to do was replace the left axle, flush the brakes and fuel system. I figured I would put a few mods on the car to make it a little bit quicker. I was thinking of a exaust, intake, headers and maybe a few others.

rgb17

go 16 inch on the rims. stock i think there 14, and sixteen looks perfect, especially if its lowered. 15s make no difference and 17s start to look like your in mexico where people throw dubs on anything that starts. just my op