Need Help Asap!!!! Check Engine Light On!!!!

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
Alright. so i am running into a problem. i just recently replaced the header. being as the header is so damn big, it burnt into one of my radiator fans and it doesnt work anymore. my check engine light now comes on after a certain amount of minutes. When im driving after the engine fights a little bit it will be drive able. the only thing is that the engine will not rev past 3k, i was told it was the map sensor because of that, BUT the only thing is that once the check engine light comes on, it will allow it to rev past 3 k with no problem. what the hell is wrong with it? please help me out!

mirrorimg

Ls or gsr?
You need to find out what code it is to properly diagnose the cel. I haven't ever done it, but there's a paper lip method to get the cel to flash and depending on the # of flashes will determine what code it is.

If it's a gsr, will vtec engage? It sounds like it's running in limp mode, but I don't understand why it would run fine with the cel lit up

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
na its a ls. that what im trying to figure out as well. like after the check light comes on it runs fine, i dont get it it either. it seems like limp mode to me as well. but i have no idea. its all so new to me.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Jumper the diagnostic connector. It's a 2-pin green plug connector in the corner below the glovebox. You can use a paper clip, a piece of wire, or a fork connector (my personal favorite). Then turn the key on (engine off) and count the CEL flashes. There are long and short flashes in a kind of morse code. So two long and one short is code 21.