need help on car lingo?

ExPoSeD

hi i have alot of questions heh

what is a h22?
what is DOHC?
what is a Dc5?
what does it mean when u say something like 300whp? i understand hp is horsepower but whats the w for lol
what does it mean by like stage 1 clutch?
what does it mean when someone says i/h/e?
whats torque?
what is a header?
whats a catback?
whats a camber kit?
whats a short shifter?
what does it mean when u say a # psi?
whats the reason for doing a dyno?

k sry for my n00bness but it would really make me happy if someone could answer these for me thanks! :D

GSROWNSU

some turbo related lingo...
FMU: Fuel management unit
PSI: Pounds per square inch
A/R: Area to radius ratio
BOV: Blow off valve (psshhhhhhh)

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
ok h22 is a prelude vtec motor, dohc stands for dual over head cam, dc5 is the chassis code for the acura rsx, whp stands for horsepower at the wheels, a stage one clutch is a slightly stronger clutch then stock its almosts the same as stock tho, i/h/e stands for intake, headers and exhaust, torque can be explained as many different things but im just gonna put it this way torque makes you burn out as it was so greatly explained on hot rod tv, a header is a part of your exhaust it is used to replace the heavy exhaust manifold with a lighter weight better flowing unit, a cat back is an exhaust that is mounted from the end of the cat all the way to the back of your car takes the place of the factory pipeing and muffler, a camber kit is used when lowering your car so you can adjust your camber to a more usable area so you dont burn the inner edge of your tires, a short shifter is a shift handle that shortens the throw or travel of gear changes, psi is pounds per square inch i think but it basically stands for pressure like in your tires or in a turbo those types of things, dynoing a car is done for a few reasons two of the most common is finding out how much power your car has and also to help tune your car. sorry for the long windedness and im sure not all of this is right but thats just how i think of it as lol

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Dont forget BHP, Brake Horsepower. It indicates the brake, the device for measuring the true power of the engine.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
no problem man were all here to help im glad i finally was able to anwser somebodys question lol