need help please

jondalaba

Hello, im wondering if you guys can help me out with something. I have been having quite a bit of trouble with the front brakes on my integra. They work but theres alot of noise. When ever you come to a stop theres rubbing and grinding and clicking and all kinds of noise.i put new pads and clips in it but didnt help. I want to replace the calipers but i have kids and im poor lol. This is my family ride tho so i really need to get this fixed. My question is, i found a used pair of calipers and hoses from a 95 integra 2 door for dirt cheap. Will these fit my 98 ls? Im thinking i can get the used set, clean them up real nice maybe rebuild kit, new clips pads and rotors and my problem should be gone right.
Thanks in advance for any help and advice

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Yes the calipers should work fine but it sounds more like your rotors to me...did u replace them or at least resurface them before you did the pads?

jondalaba

I was thinking that too. Didnt do nothing with the rotors yet. Just got a steal on a new one looking for another one. Like to replace it all. The passenger side rim gets hot as hell after driving its probly a combination of rotors and calipers are junk. Just bought the car in rough shape, trying to get another hundred thousand mile or so out of it

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Usually if a caliper is fucked it will lockup or throw a piston and there would b fluid everywhere...there really is no almost fucked with a caliper

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
It sounds like you have a caliper siezed. Does it only make the sound when braking? I would say new calipers and rotors, and you should be good, but that is somewhat just a guess.

jondalaba

Got a steal on this car was sitting behind rentawreck for like 8 months, guy said it needs alot of work alternator siezed tranny going. I said i give u $400 for it , he gave it to me for 500. Alternator magically started working fine changes the tranny fluid new tires and its great. Put 3000 miles on it already. But the brakes are jacked up, the ignition is wanting to turn anymore it needs some loving. For some reason tho i love this car. Dont know what it is but i love it

ssbp dc2

Yea if it's getting real hot like that it's deff a seized up caliper. Just had the same prob with my drivers rear. Just remember the screws are a bitch in the rotors if you don't have an impact. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jondalaba

Got fresh screws in the rotors, when i got the car non of the rotors had screws and the wholes were so rusty u would never get a screw in so im guessing there were no screws in the rotors for a long time. Me trying to figure out why im getting so much noise, i tapped and put new screws in so they should come right out. Question is do we really need screws in the rotors?

cborden

Jesus is THE way
as said above if your calipers were locked up it would def pull hard and you really dont need your rotors screwed in. i wonder if there's a bearing in the hub thats gone bad

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I'm still going with the rotors...a locked caliper u would feel pulling u hard on one side
Not always true. I know it seems like it would, but I have had calipers dragging heavily on one side on a vehicle, without it pulling in that direction. Just speaking from personal experience in multiple instances.
as said above if your calipers were locked up it would def pull hard and you really dont need your rotors screwed in. i wonder if there's a bearing in the hub thats gone bad
It wouldn't only happen when braking.