Need help with 93 integra problem

Xenglor

da9lor
Hi Im kinda new to the honda scene I drive a 93 Integra. And I noticed this only happens when my car heats up I would break to stop for stop signs or slow down for turns and the rpm would drop to 0 and my car would die but it starts right back up? It is the main relay that's causing it to die? my car does need a new head gasket its not leaking a lot of oil though and it tends to over heat a bit? Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Thanks.

ModemDron

DA_Dron
I have experienced this before but with my Chevy s10 1985... i would have to wait for my engine to warm up so it wouldn't do that. Also it happened to me once when i was learning to drive stick lol.... honestly man if you can look at your rpm while turning maybe you aren't shifting properly...? idk just a thought. I have a 1993 integra too:nopics::drive:

Xenglor

da9lor
Well it only happens when my car heats up. Thanks though.

ModemDron

DA_Dron
And do you know why it heats up? maybe it needs coolant? Cuz my integra heats up too, i constantly have to keep putting in coolant because i think it might be leaking. I might need to buy a new radiator or a fan lol because when i turn off my car the fan stays on to cool off the engine. But i have no idea what the problem could be... just try not to let it over heat

Xenglor

da9lor
Well i got a brand new radiator not to long ago and changed the coolant recently, and changed the thermostat as well. I figured maybe the blown head gasket was causing it to overheat maybe??? I hooked my fan up so when I key the car on the fan automatically turns on to help it cool down.

ryukkid

beep beep
they sell a kit to find out if your head going out.it might be your main relay for it shutting down but I'm not sure have you done a tune up lately ?

Exige24

And do you know why it heats up? maybe it needs coolant? Cuz my integra heats up too, i constantly have to keep putting in coolant because i think it might be leaking. I might need to buy a new radiator or a fan lol because when i turn off my car the fan stays on to cool off the engine. But i have no idea what the problem could be... just try not to let it over heat
That used to trip me out too, but Haynes manual says it's normal for the fan to come on and stay on for about 15 min after the car turns off.

Prozon

Kris
A bad head gasket would cause this issue..

Not to mention by continuing to drive it with a bad head gasket you will royally fuck your motor. You're probably going to warp your block and crack your head. Or both.

I did a head gasket job awhile back, the car would basically die every two minutes driving down the road, it had absolutely no power at all. After cleaning all the sludge out of the motor and installing the new head gaskets, it ran like it was brand new.

eiznekeM

A bad head gasket would cause this issue..

Not to mention by continuing to drive it with a bad head gasket you will royally f*** your motor. You're probably going to warp your block and crack your head. Or both.

I did a head gasket job awhile back, the car would basically die every two minutes driving down the road, it had absolutely no power at all. After cleaning all the sludge out of the motor and installing the new head gaskets, it ran like it was brand new.
This ^^^!!! You shouldn't even consider driving it if that's the case, seriously, shit will get fucked even more. Rep to prozon.