New from san fernando valley

blackdc4

Nice. Any plans? Welcome to CI.
Actually yea .. I bought tokico blues with matching springs, and asr subframe brace with 24mm bar.. Just have not gotten around to install it yet.. other than than plan on doing basic maintenance.. the chassis has 180k and the engine has about 55k on it.. its a good car A/c works , cruise control works, power everything, working sun roof.. I just put in new ken wood speakers in the rear ... Installed a MTX 12" woofer.. Have a aftermarket headunit.. maybe in the future Ill get the shark radio antennae.. Also planning on either putting enkey 92's on it or some gsr blades or maybe some white type r rims , or if i can find ls mesh.. overall plans for the car I want a daily driver that handles well in the canyons...

Swerve

Shawn
Actually yea .. I bought tokico blues with matching springs, and asr subframe brace with 24mm bar.. Just have not gotten around to install it yet.. other than than plan on doing basic maintenance.. the chassis has 180k and the engine has about 55k on it.. its a good car A/c works , cruise control works, power everything, working sun roof.. I just put in new ken wood speakers in the rear ... Installed a MTX 12" woofer.. Have a aftermarket headunit.. maybe in the future Ill get the shark radio antennae.. Also planning on either putting enkey 92's on it or some gsr blades or maybe some white type r rims , or if i can find ls mesh.. overall plans for the car I want a daily driver that handles well in the canyons...
I like you already :) sounds like a solid plan definatelt.

blackdc4

I like you already :) sounds like a solid plan definatelt.
Haha thanks... I was going to ask this in a new thread but since I'm getting replies here I might as well just ask.. So I bought the ASR subframe brace and ASR 24mm rear sway bar with end links and d Bracks, and Like i mentioned also got the Tokico blues with matching springs.. I was wondering If I am missing any bushings ? or any parts before I redo the suspension .. . this is what I have.. Also in some of the instructions that came with the shocks and springs it says I need to reuse the top hats I have no clue what those are. Also, right now my stock suspension is okay but when pulling out of the drive way I hear little squeaks what could be causing that ?

dburns

welcom to CI i also stay in san fernando valley!

Swerve

Shawn
Haha thanks... I was going to ask this in a new thread but since I'm getting replies here I might as well just ask.. So I bought the ASR subframe brace and ASR 24mm rear sway bar with end links and d Bracks, and Like i mentioned also got the Tokico blues with matching springs.. I was wondering If I am missing any bushings ? or any parts before I redo the suspension .. . this is what I have.. Also in some of the instructions that came with the shocks and springs it says I need to reuse the top hats I have no clue what those are. Also, right now my stock suspension is okay but when pulling out of the drive way I hear little squeaks what could be causing that ?

Umm well bushings on all parts look good BUT im not 100% sure. Tophats are basically what holds the springs to the shocks.

The very top thing that is bolted onto the shock. Its red. Sqeauking could easily be your suspension, shocks or bushings.

blackdc4

Umm well bushings on all parts look good BUT im not 100% sure. Tophats are basically what holds the springs to the shocks.

The very top thing that is bolted onto the shock. Its red. Sqeauking could easily be your suspension, shocks or bushings.
That's what I thought it was but I wasn't sure... cool man thanks for the input .. .

vtecteggy617

if i were you id get new bolts for the bottom of the strut. two of mines broke but i was prepared from them to break. Nice looking car; i also have a black tegg but im a 98

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Don't forget to invest in car security...if you haven't already. That was one of my top priorities after maintenance. Then you can mod all you want.