New member from Canada 99 type R

cdn_R050

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but not new to Hondas, I've been modifying Hondas for about 17 years, and have owned about 7-8, the latest is my 99 type r #050, and is a genuine CDN type r with the original motor,and isnt a theft recovery.

I've owned it for about 3 years , bought from the 2nd owner, and it was in really rough shape when I bought it, I finally finished getting it back to running condition this past summer,

a local engine builder did a complete tear down and re build, changed the postings, rings, oil and water pumps, every belt seal and gasket, changed and rebuilt the suspension, I only got about 10 kms on it after the rebuild before I parked it for the winter, I don't have any better pics on my phone I'll have to find some on my laptop...

vtecteggy617

Welcome aboard and that is a beautiful teg! If you don't mind me asking; what other cars have you had? I always find it interesting to hear about people who have been in the game for a long time and the cars they've had.

Sent from my Integra using Honda Motors!

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but not new to Hondas, I've been modifying Hondas for about 17 years, and have owned about 7-8, the latest is my 99 type r #050, and is a genuine CDN type r with the original motor,and isnt a theft recovery.

I've owned it for about 3 years , bought from the 2nd owner, and it was in really rough shape when I bought it, I finally finished getting it back to running condition this past summer,

a local engine builder did a complete tear down and re build, changed the postings, rings, oil and water pumps, every belt seal and gasket, changed and rebuilt the suspension, I only got about 10 kms on it after the rebuild before I parked it for the winter, I don't have any better pics on my phone I'll have to find some on my laptop...

This is awesome

cdn_R050

Welcome aboard and that is a beautiful teg! If you don't mind me asking; what other cars have you had? I always find it interesting to hear about people who have been in the game for a long time and the cars they've had.

Sent from my Integra using Honda Motors!
Thanks allot! I was lucky enough to be able to work on cars when I was growing up and living with my folks, the type r is my first project car since I've moved our and bought a house,

I've had a91 crx si with a 1st gen b16 swap, 94 civic si coupe (CDN) with a b16a3 swapped in from a Del Sol, 96 accord exr with ah22 swap, 89 civic hatch with the factory d16 with a junk yard turbo setup, 94 integra rs with a gsr swap and jdm front end, that was my last project car, I've had acpl stock Hondas also, I had a wagovan which I really liked too, the 94 integra was my last car before the type r, the type r is going to be my last"toy" car unless I come across ansx that I can afford...

cdn_R050

They made a 99 R? I thought they skip that year.
They had Integra type R's in Canada in 1999, I think it was just the US that got left out for whatever reason, which makes this car even more rare I guess...

It definitely isn't the quickest Honda I've ever owned, my turbo d16 hatch would spank the type r in a heads up race, but no other honda I've ever had has been more balanced than my type r, it can lose allot of cars through tge turns, cars that have twice the power it has, because it handles so well .

it makes you think you are a better driver than your really are lol, because you never feel out of control in It, you just feel like pushing it harder and harder and it has no problem putting up with abuse, it is as close to a true factory road race car as it will ever get I think, and I plan on keeping it for the rest of my life.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
That's the problem with all Integras, they make you think you're better than you actually are haha

cdn_R050

Found a few more pics of my car today, I wish this dam winter would end already, I haven't seen my car since October of last year...

cdn_R050

Thanks guys! This car wasnt like the other itr rebuilds I've seen online, it wasn't a theft recovery, the original motor/tranny was still in/the car, it was just beat to hell.

It took 2 summers to rebuild it mechanically, complete tear down and rebuild, the tranny was so busted up I replaced it with an 01 itr tranny, and ended up freshening it up too before it went in.

The suspension was also overhauled at that time. Last on the list is the paint/body. It's been a shit ton of work, buy it's a nice feeling l knowing that Evey single single part of your motor is brand new and fresh.